13. Dangerous doggie

(Benjamin's POV)

"Where is the fucking money!?" Allan yells at me. He was always the loud one; so violent and angry.

I don't answer. His fury is making me feel like a small prey, but I'm not so scared that I will tell them. Not yet.

"There was quite a lot Benny; you can't have spent it all. Where did you hide it?" Finn asks and grabs my I face. He used to be the sneaky one, the one pretending to be nice until he got knew what I hated. Then he did exactly that.

I wince at the pressure against the previous hits. He knows it hurts.

"Talk, you piece of shit!" Allan screams and I feel the saliva from his breath.

"We might be merciful if you'll be a good boy and tell us" Finn whispers. It's a lie. I know them too well to believe they can show mercy.

Ross is quiet, standing in the corner and looking at me with gleaming eyes. He's waiting for something.

Allan leans down to press his face against mine. I retreat at the sudden closeness and my body shudders involuntarily. Another round of punches is coming.

He goes for my stomach this time. My ribs don't break but it hurts so much I think they might have broken something else. Silent tears drip down my beaten face. They will kill me. They will torture me to death.

I don't want to die anymore. I want to make it out of here. I don't want my last moment to be with Ross and these monsters.

As if he heard my thoughts, he comes up to me and smiles like I've pleased him. My body is so scared of him it doesn't matter what I tell myself. His grip on me goes wayyyyyy back.

"Benny... why can't you make this easy? I would love to forgive you and let you come home but you really hurt us by stealing the cash. Tell me, and I'll make it feel better" he says and reach out a hand to caress my naked chest. I flinch at his touch and his smile becomes bigger.

This is the end. This is how I die, in pain and tortured by the ones who've made my life hell for many, many years. How fitting that they will end me to. 

I cry desperatly. Then suddenly I sense it. The echo of my heartbeat. He's close. Hope washes over me and makes me cry with tiredness. I just want to be safe.

"I burnt it" I say and see the shock on their faces. Only Ross knows I'm lying. He can tell. He knows my lies too well.

"Where did you hide it? I'm rather tired of asking nicely Benny" he growls and smacks my face. The force flips my head to the other side with a crackling sound. A strong pain shoots up my neck as my cheek burns, but I have a new courage now. 

"I dropped the bag into the river" I answer and try to be brave. Any minute now.

He yanks my head up by my sweaty hair and roars.

"Don't lie to me!" he yells right in my face. His anger is so scary I can't do this anymore. I have to be strong. Soon. Soon.

"I gave it all to the Blue Kings pack" I lie again. This time it's him that trembles uncontrollably.

(Kellan's POV)

I panic.

Why is he here?

I tracked their scent to this storage unit. I know they are here. It reeks of other wolves.But the smell hits me again, like in the museum. It's so good I can't think straight.