28. A very familiar bench

(Benjamin's POV)

It's Monday morning and I have to go to work. The only problem with that is that Kellan doesn't know this. I take a quick peek at him. He's busy eating his eggs, focused on chewing. He still has quite the bed hair. I swallow hard. 

"Kell..." 

"Mhm" he humms and looks at me with his sunshine eyes. I look down at my food. He's going to be so mad. 

"I have to go to work today" I mumble with my face turned down. I dare to do a quick glance at him. His face is that of total shock. I brought this on myself. 

"You have a job?" he asks, confused at the idea. 

"Yes" I answer mousily. 

"What kind of work?" he demands with a tone like doesn't really believe me. 

"A b-book shop." 

"And how did you get this job" he asks like he doesn't really follow. 

"Ehm... well... I asked around... and met the owner..." I mumble and blush. Kellan is quiet for a second, staring at me to make sure I'm not joking. 

"... OK, so when do you have to be there?" he asks and return to his food. 

"At eight" I tell him, studying his face. An amused smile plays on his lips and there is a hint of astonishment in his eyes. Does he rellay understand, or does he not belive me? He couldn't be happy about this, right? 

"I'll drive you then" he informs me and points to my plate. "Want some more?" 

"You're not mad that I didn't tell you?" I interrogate him. 

"Well I'm not happy that you kept it a secret, but I'm not mad that you have a job. Though I will be sad that you can't spend every second with me" he answers with an assuring smile. "But I won't allow you to do anything dangerous. I won't forgive you if you put yourself in harm's way" he adds with a stern face. 

A happy kind of blush makes my face tingle. I nod and try to finish my big serving of eggs. 

When Kellan drops me off I have to fight him in the car. He wants to follow me inside and I refuse him but he wins in the end. I have absolutely no resistance when to it comes to his pleading gaze. 

As we enter Ron rushes towards us slowly with his hand supporting his back. 

"Benjamin! Are you alright now? Are you sure you are well enough to work? If not I can happily take today's shift" Ron assures me before studying Kellan. I smile awkwardly. 

"No, I'm fine now. It was just a bug" I promise but I feel the memories of the heat burn on my face. The way Kellans hands caressed my body. His raspy voice whispering sensually to me. Just the way he moaned my name. God, the way I moned! 

"I'm glad. So who is this?" Ron asks politely with a surprisingly small amount of curiosity. It makes me calm down a bit. Maybe it's not that obvious. 

"Ehm... t-this is.. He's my.. ehm... b-boyfriend" I stutter. Ron's face lights up in a joyous smile. 

"Really? Then this is an honor. I've never acctually had a gay friend. How exciting to think you can experience new things this late in life!" he proclaimes and shakes Kellan's hand. 

"Kellan. Nice to meet you." 

"Ron, and it's very nice to meet you. I hope you will stay, or come again some other time" Ron tells him. 

"Absolutely, but I promised Ben I wouldn't interrupt his work so I'll be back later. What time do you get off?" Kellan asks. 

"At four" I tell him and he leans down to kiss me but realizes that's not a good idea. Instead he sqeezes my hand fondly and smiles. 

"See you then" he says and leaves. 

By the time Kellan comes to pick me up Ron has asked almost everything about Kellan and our relationship. It's been hard to cover up the werewolf parts but I think I've done a good job. 

"Benjamin?" Kellan calls as he enters and I thrill at the sound of his voice. It's like a calming shot throughout my body. 

"I'm coming! Just a second!" I answer him and mumble goodbye to Ron. 

"Are you tired?" Kellan asks as he holds the door for me. 

"No, there isn't much going on in Ron's book shop" I assure him. 

"Good, because I thought we could walk home. It's not that far" he suggests and I nod. 

As we walk down the sidewalk I look at the people hurrying back and forth. Almost everyone is in a rush. Kellan hardly seems to notice that there are other people around. He's looking far ahead and then turning to smile at me or just stare, a little bit too obvious. 

I feel like the happiest boy on earth. All of the hell that has chased me is gone just because of his smile. It's not just the fact that he saved me. There is a lot more between us than gratitude and now that I relaize this I'm afraid to lose it. 

What if he one day discovers that I'm everything he didn't want?  

As I look over at my mate his gaze is somewhere up in the clouds and without thinking about it he takes my hand and pull me closer. Why is he so happy? 

I know I am happy, but what about me makes him smile like this? 

Like he's carrying a secret he steers me down the afternoon sweet alleys. The river meets us after a turn. He isn't taking me straight home... 

Just as I'm about to ask him the park's green fields spreads out before us. 

"Kell?" I tug at his shirt but he ynly gives me a sly smile. 

"Yes?" 

"Where... Why... are we here?" I ask him nervously. Just then he stops in front of a very familiar bench. This is where I woke up after he chased me down. 

Remembering how scared I was but how tempting his smell was makes me shiver. It's a lightning bolt down my spine and I feel it tingle in my fingertops. I love him.  

My chest becomes warm with emotion and passion as I glance up at his face. There is an ocean of things he wants to say there. His hand is starting to feel sweaty in mine and I notice how he shifts his weight from ont foot to the other. 

My body instantly freezes with ice cold terror. Is kellan going to dump me?