Prologue - Chased by hellhounds

This story features rape, abuse and suicidal tendencies - consider yourselves warned.

Also, steamy gay sex ;)

Enjoy <3

// Rin

(Benjamin's POV)

I run through the bushes and the mean sticks risp my skin. My adranalin is sky high, making me numb to everything but my own heartbeat. Dun-dun-dun-dun it pounds, drowning all pain and thoughts. My body moves on its own as if chased by acctual hellhounds. 

My mouth is dry yet I swallow as I rush through the thicket. The forest suddenly thins out and I'm surrounded by tall trees. Cold moonlight drips onto the wet branches and glistens ominously. The smell of old an new water mix in the cold night.

I know I don't have a lot of time. They must have discovered my absence by now. The thought makes me cold to the bone and a noise to my right makes me panic for a split second, before I realize it's just a bird. My wolf eyes can tell even though I'm in my human shape. 

I have no chance of outrunning them in this form, but I have a slim chance of not being found. They can't track my human smell because I'm covered in swamp water.

In a not far enough distance I hear a mad howl. It's angry and wild; unforgiving. But I hear the pleasure of hunt in it too. They like it. They like that I ran because they like to hunt. Dry, desolate fear has my chest in a tight grip as I flee.

My body is not stong. My legs are not used to running. I'm as weak and helpless as they like me to be. But this time I'm brave. Or so I try to tell myself. I know that if they find me, I'm done. The punishment for leaving would be hell, and on top of that I stole a lot of money. 

I would have died if I had stayed and you can't get anywhere without money. I will die now because I ran. I try to push the thoughts away but that's the one that sticks. Of course it is, because I'm terrified.

I run for an hour, as fast as I can. My legs pound feverishly hot while my hands shiver in the cold night. I deeply wish for cosmic aide, but I have no faith in anything. Fate is unhelpful, God doesn't care, and Mother Earth seems to be OK with my suffering. No one will ever help a worthless piece of shit like me.

Suddenly I see lights between the tree trunks. Small, yellow stars in the darkness of the night. I hear the cars and will my body forward. The smell changes from wet dirt to asphalt. My smile couldn't be wider as I stumble out onto the road. 

A light drip starts to fall, as if the sky is relived for me. Another car approaches and comes to a screeching halt in front of me. I bet I look crazy as I stumble towards the driver.

"Please help me. I just need a ride to the city!" I plead and rummage through my backpack for money. The man looks at me with doubt in his eyes. I can smell children's powder and Cheetos on him. His paternal instincts win as I shiver; my small body enough to make him pity me. I thank the rain. 

Maybe Mother Earth is not so bad after all.

"Get in" he says kindly and I round the car to do so. We ride in silence. He does not want my money or comment on my horrible stench. In the distance I can see the city lights. All the dark inside me is restless. Things are going too well. I'm wet, cold and not far from my hunters... but I got away. I'm in a car going South from St. Albans, and they haven't caught up yet.

Another howl rips through the night but I can tell this one is different. I hear how furious he is, but this time it doesn't scare me. This time I know it's because he cannot find me. I pull my hoodie closer and try not to let the wet sleeves touch my skin. A shaky smile makes its way onto my lips. I treasure the safety I feel for I know it is a fleeting feeling. 

From now on I am truly alone.