0.2

Kang Yeosang wanted his soulmate.

He always did. He thought it would be nice to have something that he valued more than his precious drones. He expressed that to his mother one day when he was six and she just laughed and ruffled his hair.

"You'll find your soulmate one day, everyone does." He smiled. When Yeosang was fourteen he got insecure about his tattoo. Did he grow up to be cynical? He rubbed at the words on his wrist. 'No you watch where you're going!' He wondered if he would meet her in a bad circumstance. Maybe his soulmate would hate him.

Yeosang learned to hide the tattoo like the birthmark on his face. Maybe if he was mean to them he wouldn't have to face rejection. When he was sixteen, at midnight, golden light filled his mind. The silhouette of a girl sitting appeared. This was his soulmate? He couldn't see her face. He didn't tell his mother, no matter how much she asked, he didn't want to.

He didn't think much of his soulmate, trying to get through school was his priority. For two months, nothing happened. Then one day, at midnight, the golden light filled his head once again. The girl was there again, lying down. Again, only her silhouette, not her face. He ventured a greeting, only to hear silence, then a whispered "shhh".

That wasn't his soulmate tattoo? He was confused as the light faded. The next day he tried again, and she ignored him. He knew then that they would not get alone. "I hope I never meet you soulmate," he hissed. "I hope you know."

Yeosang went to consult a doctor that week. "Why is the tattoo different?" This doctor looked at his arm.

"I haven't seen this bond in a long time. Basically, the tattoo is what your soulmate says when you first meet them. The bond cannot fully develop until you do. I think that's why you can't see her." Yeosang thanked the doctor, and went home.

He flopped on his bed, staring at the ceiling. "I'm beginning to think that soulmates are useless, why love someone who wants to hate you?" No one answered him. He rolled over, staring at the drone on his nightstand.

"If my soulmate won't love me, I'll find other people." He grinned at the wall. "I'll be an idol. I'll make my soulmate regret it." Yeosang sat up, and ran downstairs. "Mom? Mom?" She looked up at him.

"Yes?"

"Do you think it'd be ok if I learned how to dance?"

Kang Yeosang hated his soulmate.

Oof, drama. Sorry not sorry.

We saw his side of the story, now we can see what he's feeling. I'm not going to switch POVs that much, but it may happen a few times.

Until next time!