Eleven

Once Carter plays River of Tears for the band there is an immediate sense of excitement over the song. Mixed in with the tears and hugs from all three girls who can see somewhat behind the lyrics into the relationship that brought it about.

But their excitement is nothing compared to Jaydan and Aniston's. Carter doesn't even have time to collect herself after playing through it before they are discussing recording and promotion and release date. Before any of the girls can hardly blink they are being thrown into the recording process again, the release already set for next Saturday, February 29th. Aniston racing out of the room to get the promo team to start promoting something that hasn't even started recording.

"Can you do the chorus again, Carter? It just isn't sounding like it did when you played it first." Shawn, their music engineer, tech wiz, nerdy guy asks.

"You want it to sound like that? Give her a piano, mic it and her and have her play it through twice in a row front to back. You want the emotions to be honest let the song flow how it should." Ava suggests.

"That. That's a good idea, Ava." Shawn nods, spinning in his chair and hurrying out of the room to find something.

"You okay, Car?" Delanee asks, pulling her best friend into a tight hug as she comes out of the booth for a breather.

"Ya." Carter sighs, wrapping her arms around Delanee too, "This song better get easier to play over time though."

"It will. You'll be able to move on from it's pain with time. And we, and a certain tan bassist, will help." Olive smirks, handing Carter a water.

"I hope so." Carter smiles. Moving away from De, and breaking their phone rule. Pulling hers out, hoping Calum has texted her. Not disappointed by the notification on the screen.

Calum

thinking about
you. Hope the
song went well
for the label today.
It's amazing, and
so are you.

they love it. And
they are trying to
get everything
done in 12 days.
Recording. Video.
Promo. They want
to release it on the
29th. Might be a
while before I get to
see you again
unfortunately. 😔

we'll figure
something out.
Don't stress
about that. Give it
a few weeks, we'll
find a balance so
we can see each
other more. Trust
me I want to see
you too, but I
understand too.
Take a deep breath
and sing like you
did Sunday, it will
be perfect. 😚

thanks for the vote
of confidence Cal.
Time to get back to
work.

good luck. I'll
see you soon, Car.

"Okay, I got us into a larger booth up a couple floors where there is a piano ready to go for you, Carter. Let's try Ava's suggestion and see if we can get this one recorded in a single day. We get it done early and you're free for the evening. Aniston and Jaydan are working on getting ideas together for the video and such for tomorrow. It will be mostly meetings and decision making so we can book the video shoot and get that done over the weekend. Edited next week and ready for viewing on Thursday, touch up Friday, and release Saturday." Shawn explains as he comes back into the room.

Carter sits at the piano in the new booth, letting the professionals hook up the headphones, microphones, and everything else they need. Once they are ready she doesn't hold back, letting all the emotions of writing the song flow through her body and vocal cords as she sings out the lyrics. The song seeming to both crush her heart and give her so much confidence.