Epilogue

This is the 3rd update for CODA today! Make sure you read chapters 38 and 39 first!

May 2024

"Alright, Paris!" Ava yells, standing up behind her kit. "Anyone who's looked up our setlist for this tour knows that right now we should be walking off stage."

"So why aren't we, Ave?" Delanee has a smirk on her face that is confusing Carter. She has no idea what is happening right now, she isn't sure why they aren't walking off stage.

"We got asked by someone important to add one song to our set list tonight, and it was for a good reason. So without further confussion we would like to invite our oldest friends in the business to join us on stage for a special Paris only encore." Olive grins.

Turning to where the other girls are looking, Carter gasps as she sees Michael walk onto the stage followed closely by Luke, both strumming a song she hasn't sang live in far longer than she would like to admit.

"Carter doesn't know anything about this by the way." She turns trying to locate where his voice is coming from, but her boyfriend stays hidden from her as he starts singing the first verse to their song. A song they wrote so long ago, when the relationship was brand new. Hell, it was the day the used the terms boyfriend and girlfriend for the first time ever.

"But this is just the life I ordered
One step back and two steps forward
Sometimes I can't help but say
We're making history" Calum finally appears in Carter's view, jumping onto the stage from in front of the barrier to her right, grinning at her, his long curls flopping loose around his forehead as he finishes the first chorus.

Carter barely holds her voice steady as she sings her verse. A massive grin splitting her face as she keeps her eyes on the man she hasn't seen in a few weeks.

"Our history!" They sing together the end of the song before she buries herself into his warm chest.

"What the fuck is this?" She laughs.

"So, I don't know if you guys know this, but just about four years ago Carter and I sang that song together in this very arena." Calum hugs her with one arm, addressing the crowd. "A piece in our history. The day I knew without a doubt that she was who I'd spend the rest of my life with. And tonight the rest of these people back here, they helped me plan this little surprise. So I could make one more memory with Carter here. One that will definitely be etched into our history."

"Calum Hood, what are you doing?" Carter gasps as he slips away from her slightly, messing with his jacket pocket before producing a small velvet box.

A box Carter recognizes.

"Carter, we met by chance, and fell in love quickly. I was sure I'd be doing this one day after only four months. Some how it still took four years for me to finally doing it though. You are my whole world, Car, we've been through so much in the last four years, and you continue to make me a better version of myself everyday. Four years of two people fighting harder to be together than apart. You are my everything, well, you and the miniature us I'm sure Mali is holding back from sprinting out here right this moment." Calum chuckles, his eyes full of love, and glossed over.

"I couldn't live another day if you weren't mine forever, Car. So," He pauses, dropping back on to one knee right there on the stage, "Carter Ashley Heart, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"