Twenty-Two

5 Seconds Of Summer
Around the World and Back, ft. @CODA. World premiere on Jimmy Fallon tonight!

The tweet sends shivers down Carter's spine. They are performing the song live tonight.

"Doesn't it feel so great to be back on the East coast?" Delanee sighs, dropping onto her bed in their shared hotel room.

"225 miles from home." Carter nods, "Can you believe we are playing Jimmy Fallon tonight!?"

"Thanks to you, Carter."

"Thanks to 5sos. I never asked for the whole band to be put on the song. That was all them. I honestly didn't think it would be possible for all eight of us to be on stage together."

"I'm glad it worked out this way." Delanee nods.

"Me too, I don't think it would have felt right doing this without you girls. I can see what Ava was saying to some extent. I do feel like if I had sang on Jimmy Fallon while you guys were somewhere else, it would have felt like I was betraying my band. It's too early for me to collaborate my vocals alone."

"That is how Oli and I felt. Ava has other issues going on, but I'm glad to hear you say that."

"Are you ready for a few days in DC this week? To be home before heading across the pond to start touring?"

"I'm ready to have dad cooking for me again, and see my siblings. I'm ready to feel relaxed and comfortable within the community we grew up in." Delanee nods.

"I miss your dads cooking too. And your siblings, and Oli and Ava's too. I miss our big misfit family."

"Same. Is Calum coming to DC with us? Does he know yet."

"Ya. Management ate up the idea. A small trip home, get some photos of us together in DC. Get people talking about us again. This whole fake relationship real relationship thing is weird, but it's working better than I assumed it would."

"I hope it stays that way. What happens when Nate and Jaydan catch on to it being real?"

"I don't know for sure, but Calum is a little bit afraid of them finding out. He thinks it will be bad if they do before we are closing out tour and they don't care anymore."

"He's done something like this before?"

"It sounded like it. I didn't ask though. He didn't seem to like talking about it."

"What a good girlfriend, not pushing him into talking about it." De laughs.

"It's not going to change anything or help me in any way to know. So why push?"

"Good thought process. Hey, should we see if the other two want to do some sight seeing? We have a couple hours until we are due for rehearsal and sound check."

"You think Ava will be up for that with me there?" Carter frowns, their relationship has not improved at all, even with this collaboration changing to the full band. Ava is convinced Calum and Carter made it that way to try and prove something.

"We'll convince her, don't worry." Delanee nods, "Besides, I think you need to tell her, and maybe Oli, what you just told me about the colaboration."

"I mean, probably... I hope it helps things."

"I think it will. Come on, let's get dressed and go find them." 

As Carter expected, it takes a lot of convincing before Olive and Delanee manage to pull Ava out to join them on their adventure through New York City. She stays quiet for now, trying to decide how best to bring up her apology to not make things worse, or blow up.