Eighteen

Calum

GET ME THE HELL
OUT OF THIS
APARTMENT!! For
the sake of my band.

Uber will be there
in 20, dress to be
seen in public but
still casual. It's
going to be okay,
Car. I promise.

pretty sure Ava is
eying the butcher
knife in the kitchen
and I'm on her brain...
but ya, it's gonna be
fine.

she ain't gonna kill
you. Honestly you
two need to stop
being so stubborn
and work your shit
out. You're best
friends for fucks
sake.

hey! Be on my side
here! She needs go
stop acting like a baby
and realize I'm helping
the band. That
compromising slightly
now with ultimately be
in our best interest.

I'm always on your
side, Heart. But you
could make the first
move you know.
Reach out to her, for
the bands interest.

fuck you smartass. She
started it she needs to
apologize to me.

whatever you say,
but fix it please,
Car. And get ready
Uber says 15 minutes
out.

ya ya. See you soon.

Tossing her phone back to her bed Carter digs through her drawers for her favorite black jeans. She pulls out the brand new tank she just received, C-O-D-A finger spelt out across the chest with the rock on and I love you hand signs on the back. Smiling she slips it over her head, tying the excess shirt over her stomach. Hair in it's natural waves, and some hightop Van's finish off her messy yet acceptable look just as Calum's text comes, alerting her to her Uber's arrival.

"Could have guessed. Running off to Calum's house since we have a day off." Ava sneers from the sofa.

"Better than hanging out with your bitchy attitude." Carter shrugs, swinging the door closed as she hears Oli yell at her about her comment. She could care less though, today she just wants to enjoy some time off, away from Ava, and away from all the drama their apartment seems to be full of lately.

"Good morning, miss." The drivers voice catches her attention, and she smiles.

"Are you deaf?" She both asks and signs.

His fist shakes as his smile grows. "Holy fuck, you're Carter Heart. I love CODA! I love what you girls stand for and your commitment to bringing the rest of the world and music a little closer to my world! I am a huge fan."

"Thank you. We love meeting any and all fans. And there's just something special about meeting deaf fans, knowing we are reaching so many of you."

"I have to drive now, but when we get to your destination, could I maybe get a photo with you?"

"Of course! Do you need an address?"

"No. The request gave me that. Along with payment already. Just relax and enjoy our ride. I'd talk to you, but that would put both our lives in danger."

"Please, just drive." She laughs, letting him turn back to the wheel and the road as she sits back in her seat.

Half an hour later they pull to a stop outside Calum's house, having sat in more traffic than Carter cared for.