001

I released a breath as I successfully transferred a hefty sum of money to my brother's account for his tuition fee. There goes months of hard work. I really ought to kill him if he does not prioritize his studies. I then dialed his number to inform him of the transfer and as expected, he was venerating me in glee.

"I love you, noona."

"Ha," I exclaimed, "I only hear those words every 15th and 30th of the month."

He gave a chuckle which I mirrored until it faded into silence. He then asked, "Are you okay?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Why would I not be okay?"

"Nothing," he answered, "Just making sure you're in good health. You are my favorite sister after all."

"I'm your only sister, Sungmin," I grunted, "I'm ending this call. I can't tolerate your mushiness longer."

I then arrived at my apartment and I furrowed my brows once I spotted a figure waiting for me at the door. As she found me approaching her, Sooyoung waved her hands in my direction, with a smile decorating her otherwise cold countenance. I looked at her from head to toe. She was wearing skirt jeans and an off-shoulder white blouse. Sooyoung would always dress up like a doll and her figure was enough to make her pretty in any clothes she would wear.

"Why are you here?" I asked her before opening the door.

"Visiting you," she simply answered before welcoming herself.

"I thought you are busy meeting your Tinder dates," I retorted.

She smirked before replying, "I make time for my bestfriend."

I rolled my eyes and I then realized what she was trying to hint. I sighed, "I don't want to go out, Sooyoung."

"Oh come on, Dahyun," Sooyoung exclaimed, "You should also learn how to spend for yourself. Look at you! You're recycling the same clothes for a year!"

"Sungmin needs money for college," I argued.

"I'm not telling you to make him stop going to school," Sooyoung replied, "I just want you to spoil yourself a little. Go out. Have fun. Meet some boys."

"Meet some boys," I repeated her words before scoffing, "Sooyoung, I don't need a boy – "

"I'm not saying that you should commit! Just some casual dating would do! Spice up your life a little, would you?"

"I'd rather avoid headaches," I said as I presented her a glass of juice.

Sooyoung then said, "Yeri sent invitations for her wedding and I swear that you wouldn't want to go there alone. All eyes would be on you."

"Why would all eyes be on me? I'm not the bride," I scowled.

"That's the point," Sooyoung widened her eyes on me, "Your high school rival is getting married to a rich model. So how's the valedictorian doing?"

I pinch the bridge of my nose and uttered, "Maybe I'm not going."

"Now, that's admitting defeat."

"Then what do you want me to do?"

"Find. A. New. Boyfriend," Sooyoung emphasized every word and when I grunted in return, she added, "Come on. Even Jungkook found a new girl."

With the mention of a name too familiar, I looked back at Sooyoung and said, "What?"

"Jungkook's got a new girlfriend?" Sooyoung whispered, slowly, as if gauging how each word would paint my expression. Upon realizing that I didn't have a clue, she expressed, "Oops. I thought you knew."