009

I can't believe I gave in. I don't know what's with Jimin but he always sounds so reasonable. It's been days since I said yes but I'm still trying to convince myself not to regret my decision.

At least, there'd be no more dealing with Sooyoung's get-a-boyfriend sermon every now and then. Plus, I'd have a date for every gathering where I would meet people who are more concerned of my relationship status than me.

It's just playing pretend, anyway.

"Are you sure he's coming?" Sooyoung asked for the nth time.

She was at my apartment because she helped me do my hair and make-up for the wedding we are about to attend. This is the perks of having a very reliable girlfriend who's more updated with fashion trends than news.

"He said he's coming to fetch me so you can go now, Sooyoung," I told her, "Sungjae's been waiting for you."

"Are you sure you're going to be okay? You can come with us, now," she replied, "I take back everything I said about the forbidden third wheel rule for tonight."

I chuckled before assuring her, "Go now. I'd just wait for him some more. If he doesn't come, I can always hail a cab then I'd meet with you two at the Church, so I wouldn't be alone."

"Hmmm," she hummed, and I knew that she was already considering my suggestion.

"Go," I insisted.

"Fine. Fine," she nodded before trying to kiss me as she said, "Love you, Da."

"Love you too, Soo, but no kissing or you're going to unintentionally mark me," I told her as I dodged her attempts.

We laughed with each other before I walked her to the door. She reminded me once again to contact her and update her with anything and I nodded, as I kept gesturing for her to speed up for she had made his new boyfriend wait in the car. I told her to invite Sungjae to come up but she said he'd just get bored watching us prepare.

As I was left alone in my apartment, I had time to look at myself in the mirror. I beamed as Sooyoung did a fantastic job in dolling me up. I then started taking selfies for it's not every day that I looked as gorgeous as a goddess.

Then, as I inspected the newly bought gown that Sooyoung had let me "borrow," my memories took me to the night of our High School Prom.

It was exactly like this. I felt the prettiest with all the make-up, the dress and the hair but I was still too nervous to present myself to my date. The moment that Jungkook told me that I was beautiful with all his loving gaze, I then felt so validated. While the other teens were busy comparing themselves to others that night, I was just contentedly happy in Jungkook's arms for it was his opinion that mattered the most for me.

I felt like I was in high school all over again but the difference was there was no more Jungkook who would tell me that I need not be the Homecoming Queen for I would always be the Queen of his heart.

Ha. Liar.

The doorbell then started ringing, disrupting my reminiscing session. I hurriedly went to the door, thinking that it was Sooyoung who had forgetten something in my apartment. But when I opened the door, I found Jimin.

He stared at me while my gaze traced his every angle. When my eyes met his and he continued staring, I suddenly felt shy. I felt like I was being scrutinized, and the nervousness was starting to eat me whole. I needed a sign of approval.

"Not bad," Jimin commented with pursed lips.

"You're not bad yourself," I retorted before redirecting the conversation, "Come on. Sooyoung's going to wait for us."