027

It was already late but Jimin was still not driving me home. I rode in his car, praying that the next stop was nothing exhausting. I indeed was having fun with all the places that Jimin had brought me to, but my body would soon give up.

Our next stop was indeed a solemn place, but I didn't expect it to be a place that I dreaded to see as well.

It was an astronomical observatory.

"You said you'd take me to your favorite places," I told him.

"Yes," he answered.

"But this is my favorite place," I said.

"Hmm," he nodded, "Well, maybe my new-found favorite is whatever that makes you smile."

I couldn't see any trace of him that was lying or even joking when he said those words – and I couldn't even deny the leap that my heart made.

"Touched?" he teased.

"Shut up," I grunted as I hid the blush in my cheeks.

"Let's go," he said.

We were no longer skating, but Jimin still, took my hand as he guided me upstairs.

There was a huge telescope waiting for us and in excitement, I ran towards it. I looked back at Jimin who gave me a small nod, as if a gesture for me to start marveling with the beauty of the sky.

It was beyond magnificent. Since we were away from all the light pollution in the city, the stars shone brighter. I formed one constellation after another as the points were easy to spot. I felt like I was in the galaxy, close to the celestial bodies that I have always loved.

"Do you like it?" Jimin asked.

"Yes," I answered without hesitation with a big smile on my lips, "So much."

However, when I turned to him, I was surprised to see something more.

Jimin was standing a few steps away from me, holding some balloon hearts, a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates.

I was too flabbergasted at the scene that I could not utter any words.

Then, I noticed that Jimin was also blushing in embarrassment.

He looked like he was a high-school student, who's about to confess to his long-time crush. He was too shy yet adorable.

"W-What's this?" I ended up stuttering, as my heart was hammering against my chest.

He took a deep breath before saying, "Happy 100 Days."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before everything dawned upon me, and then, I chuckled, finding everything too sweet and cute.

"I'm sorry," he apologized, "I don't know how to do these things."

I looked at him in a questioning manner, so he continued, "Well, you're my first girlfriend ever."

I was aware that this was merely part of a pretend relationship but Jimin was making it hard for me to not enjoy each moment.

I walked towards him and accepted his gifts, smiling as I looked at the three heart-shaped balloons that danced in the air. Then, my attention turned to the bouquet of flowers.

Hearts and flowers were an eyesore just a few hours ago, but now, they do nothing but make me smile. It's indeed different when you're the one on the receiving end of all the sweet things that the world could offer.

Jimin spoke, "I did not know which flower you liked as well, so I had it assorted. Would that be okay?"

"Hmmm," I nodded, "As long as there are no roses."

He nodded back but somehow, I could feel that there was lack of satisfaction in him. He couldn't hold back such doubts as he exclaimed, "Flowers and chocolates; it's too cliché, isn't it?"

"They're okay," I assured him, "You could have made it more cliché with a cake and a hundred candles we're supposed to blow at the same time."

"Really? Is that the way to do it?" he asked.

"Hmmm," I nodded, "But when did you start counting the 100 days, really?"

"From the first time we met," Jimin answered.

"Shouldn't it be on the day we agreed to pretend to date?" I asked.

"Technically, the first time we met is the day you first introduced me as your boyfriend," he reminded me.

"Still," I insisted, "It should be on the day it became mutual."

He exclaimed, "Then maybe we can celebrate it properly next time. I'd do it better by bringing a cake."

I chuckled, "Then, I'd be a better girlfriend by bringing a gift for you too."

"Speaking of gifts, I have one," Jimin said.

"You have more?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

He beamed and took out a box from the paper bag he was holding. He let me open the said box and I found a home planetarium projector.

"Try it," he urged me.

I put it on the floor and opened it at once, and as the lights were turned off, the observatory hive brightened up like a starry night sky.

He whispered, "I can't name the stars, so I've brought them to you instead."

I could not erase the smile that was playing on my lips; I couldn't remember the last time that my heart swelled with this much glee.

We basked in a comfortable silence, merely marveling at the way the stars shone both inside and outside the observatory. We were standing beside each other so close that I could almost feel our hands brushing against each other.

I glanced at Jimin as I thought of thanking him but then, I realized that Jimin had been staring at me all along. Then, I also realized that some of the stars from the planetarium had been reflected on his clothes and on his skin.

Jimin looked more than stunning at that moment– he looked magical.

He took a step forward, closing the small distance between us. He bit his lip, as if he was full of hesitation. But without making his gaze waver from me, he asked, "Would you allow me to kiss you if I said I'd pay?"

I smiled, "You don't have to pay when I want to kiss you too."

He cupped my face and closed the distance between us carefully. We closed our eyes in sync as we shared our first kiss. Our lips brushed against each other slowly, as if we were taking all the time we needed, not wanting to end the moment we were in. We held each other close as if each other's arms were our new found breathing place.

At the start of this night, I thought that Jimin was making me forget that I am single.

But no. It was more than that.

Jimin is making me happy.

—————
AN: This chapter is longer than usual but almost sure that you liked the fluff. So where do we go from here haha