011

Two years of living alone and six years of living away from my family still hasn't made me learn not to shop things that I cannot carry on my own.

I went grocery shopping and the cab had helped me bring the things in front of the apartment. However, I still had three floors to conquer and I don't know how to bring seven heavy bags with me.

I sighed. This is Jimin's fault.

If I was just peacefully living alone and not cooking for him, I would've survived buying canned goods and instant foods. But since I must prepare breakfasts for him, I also need some fresh supplies and other things for flavors. I've decided to just cook at home and reheat them at his unit because cooking at his condo is a disaster for me. I don't want to work with those out-of-this world technology again.

I tried lifting all seven bags at once, but hell. This might even be heavier than me!

I looked around for help, and saw some men who are seemingly transferring some furniture. But I didn't want to bother them because they look busy and I don't want to invite random men inside my unit. That's dangerous. Being in this world is actually dangerous in itself.

Ugh. I should've befriended one of my neighbors. This is what I get for being socially awkward.

Whatever. I am a strong independent woman. I can possibly do this.

I then divided the bags by weight and decided for my hand to carry three each. I was still left with one more bag which I tried to carry with my arms.

"Need help?"

A deep voice called me, but I couldn't look up as I tried to focus all my attention to the bag I was trying to lift, so I just answered, "No. I think I can handle this."

But surprise!

The plastic bag got ripped off, and the things inside the bag splattered on the ground.

The world really knows how to piss me off.

So much for trying to be strong... or independent.

Then, I was distracted by the chuckles that I heard as well as the statement that followed after, "Clumsy as ever, Kim Dahyun."

I gulped as I realized that I know that voice. I wanted just to turn and walk away from that too familiar sound as well as the familiar leap that my heart just did.

But of course, my actions had betrayed my mind.

I glanced at him, and my gaze met his.

His hands were on the pockets of his ripped jeans. He was wearing the sweatshirt that I bought for him when we were in college and he was wearing that same smile that I loved.

Why does Jungkook still have this effect on me?

"So need help?" he repeated, breaking the silence that I put ourselves in.

"W-Why are you here?" I asked.

I almost cursed myself for my voice sounded weak and my question sounded so bitter.

He gave a timid smile in return, the one that he would usually elicit whenever he finds the situation awkward.

Then, he pointed to the men who were moving furniture and said, "I'd be living in the apartment across yours. Those are my things."

There are thousands of questions running in my head, but he beamed at my loss of words and asked once more, "Need help?"

My gaze fell down to the scattered things on the floor, but I insisted, "No thanks. I'm fine."