029

"Hey," I greeted him, "Why did you not call me first?"

"I thought I don't need to call you," Jimin replied, "Besides, you were not answering my texts."

Oh God. I was so engrossed with preparing and eating breakfast with Jungkook that I completely forgot about my phone.

"Can I come in?" Jimin asked and then I noticed that I was blocking his way.

"Yeah. But I have a visitor," I told him, and I saw his forehead crease before he went inside.

I followed behind him and gulped when Jungkook and Jimin met.

Jungkook tried to be casual, "Hey. We were just having breakfast."

"I can see that," Jimin replied fast.

"Do you want to join us?" Jungkook proceeded to ask anyway.

"I think the two of you are enjoying already. I don't think you need another companion for breakfast," Jimin forced a smile, "Actually, I don't think I ever crossed your minds until I came."

My gaze then met Jungkook's and we both felt that tension was rising in the air.

"Were you here last night?" Jimin asked Jungkook, "Did the two of you wake up together?"

"Jimin!" I exclaimed, glaring at him.

"It's okay. I'll just go," Jungkook gave me a small beam and whispered, "Can I at least take the coffee?"

"Yeah. Sure," I nodded.

"Take the coffee but that's my favorite mug. Please leave that behind," Jimin intercepted.

I looked at Jimin in disbelief before telling Jungkook, "Wait here. I'd just get you another mug."

"Actually, all the glasses and mugs here are my favorite," Jimin interrupted again, "Did you bring your own tumbler? Or maybe you could try to find a tumbler or mug from your things that Dahyun still keep in secret."

"Okay. I'm just leaving," Jungkook nodded.

"Sorry," I told Jungkook.

"Why are you saying sorry?" Jimin uttered, "He never felt sorry when he broke your heart."

"That's enough!" I screamed at Jimin.

I turned to Jungkook and saw that anger was already written in his face, but I told him, "Please leave and don't say anything."

But Jungkook could not take his eyes off Jimin. He clenched his jaw as his gaze bore onto Jimin. I then held onto his arm, making him turn to me as I said, "Jungkook, please."

He gave a deep breath before nodding and he did as I told but not without glaring at Jimin in the entire process. I walked him towards the door, and as soon as I closed the door behind me, all the rage started breaking loose.

"What was that?!"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that question?" Jimin asked back.

"I'm not the one who acted all immature," I argued, "What's up with bringing up my past with Jungkook? That's foul, Jimin! That's my past with him, you have no role in that!"

"And I thought Jungkook's role stayed in your past," Jimin replied, "But he's here having breakfast with you."

"Why are you getting angry over me eating with someone?!" I asked.

"He's not just someone Dahyun. He's the guy you loved for years," Jimin spat, "I would not actually be surprised if you admit that you had slept with him last night."

"No! We did not sleep together!" I exasperatedly answered.

"Then why is he here?!" Jimin yelled.

I explained, "There was a leak in one of the pipes in the kitchen and I asked him to fix it for me and as payment, we ate breakfast together!"

It was a reasonable explanation that should have ended that argument, but Jimin did not buy any of it – not when his judgment was too clouded by anger.

"If there was a problem, you could have called me!" he said.

"Oh. Please. You can't fix pipes," I retorted, and I saw how Jimin felt insulted.

"I could ask someone to do so," he gritted his teeth.

"That's what I did!"

"I could ask someone who's not dating!" Jimin answered, "Did you not think of what Yuju would feel? Wouldn't the whole world think that you're cheating?"

"We're not cheating anyone! Jungkook broke up with Yuju," I replied.

In my anger, I said the truth that seemed to be taboo to be spoken of.

"And we're not dating for real, Jimin! You are not my boyfriend so just stop being possessive!"

I expected some more arguments from Jimin but no words came after.

We fell into silence and I saw how his countenance shifted in an instant.  I do not know if I was only being hopeful or only imagining things, but I think I saw pain in his eyes.

He smiled, yet it didn't reach his eyes as he said, "I guess I got carried away from all this pretend thing. I should have a best actor award for being too immersed in my role as your fake boyfriend."

I bit my lip as I started regretting my statement for the truth felt like a stab towards my heart. I did not know that I would feel this pain when reminded that everything was just a pretend.

I silently watched him as he put on the table the plastic bag that he had brought.

"I actually bought some pasta we could eat for breakfast," he stated, "But I guess you're full by now. Maybe you can keep them and reheat them whenever you feel like eating."

His gaze finally met mine and he sincerely apologized, "I'm sorry for yelling at you."

He then tried to smile, "I guess my visit had a wrong timing. I should've called ahead. I'd just see you next time, Dahyun."

He turned, and I need not be told that he was leaving. As he walked towards the door, I found myself running for him. I wanted to hug him in order to prevent him from walking out that door, but I couldn't find the courage to do so.

"Jimin!"

Fortunately, he halted his steps.

"Don't call ahead," I told him and confessed, "I actually enjoy your random visits."

I took more steps towards him before I spoke, "I'm sorry too, for everything that I said. Please don't go now."

When Jimin still did not turn to face me, I reached for his hand, and as I held him, I said, "Stay. Please stay."

I panicked when Jimin took his hand from mine. I was so close to crying, thinking that Jimin was about to walk away from my life right then and there. However, Jimin then turned around and enveloped me in an embrace, and I closed my eyes as I immediately hugged him back.

He buried his head on the nook of my neck and held me tighter as he whispered, "You too, Dahyun. Please stay with me."

—————
AN: Okay. First major argument. Haha