018

I took another deep breath and slightly combed my hair before opening the door once again, fully this time, as a gesture for Jungkook to come inside. But instead of seeing a Jungkook in full anticipation of my invitation, I saw him massaging the evident bump on his forehead.

Panic and guilt raised inside me and unknowingly, I started dragging him in, saying an apology after another. I sat him down on one of the dining chairs before fetching a bag of ice. Quickly, I applied it on his forehead with a frown on my lips as the bump had become reddish in color.

When I glanced at him, I realized that we were too close to each other and a small smile was playing on his lips. He was wearing that same look he had every time I'd tell him I love him – a mixture of glee and contentment.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked him, and I hated the way my tone sounded so accusatory.

"Nothing," he answered, "I just find it amusing how you could never truly hide this caring side of yours."

But then I knew that there was more to the way I act than the way Jungkook had phrased it. This moment had just proved how taking care of Jungkook had become my second nature. Two years of distance, and it takes just one accident for me to give him a little bit of warmth, without even thinking.

"I'm just sorry that I caused you this trouble, that's all," I lied.

I started to retract my hand and Jungkook took it as a cue to take the bag from me so that he could do it himself. It had always been like this – we could act in sync without words.

Then, I turned my back at him as I started looking for the grater again.

I need to find that grater.

I wanted him to leave soon, even before I could come up with another realization that would destroy every progress I've made in trying to move on from him.

But I was too distracted, too conscious of his presence behind me.

Then, suddenly, the memories started flashing in for this scenario was very similar to the way I prepare him breakfast for morning. He just sits on the dining area, watching me with a smile, carefully gauging every time if I need help but I would end up saying that I'm fine cooking alone.

As I went around my kitchen, I realized that even if I had put all the things he left in my apartment inside a box, Jungkook's traces were still everywhere.

I still drink lactose-free milk even if it's him who's lactose intolerant. I've learned from him not to like raisins when they are mixed with other food, but to take pleasure in eating them separately as snacks. I even acquired his habit of eating brown rice instead of white.

His very existence was in my subconscious.

"Dahyun, you've found it," Jungkook disrupted my trance.

"Huh?" I turned to him.

"You've found it," he repeated, and that was the only time I realized that the grater had been in front of me.

"Yeah," I mumbled before getting it and handing it over to him.

Now I have two options: tell him to immediately leave or engage in some small talk. I chose the latter, thinking that the first course of action would make me sound bitter. I was afraid that he'd notice how he still had so much effect on me.

I need to act casual. Play it cool.

"What do you need the grater for?" I asked, "Are you cooking?"

"Yeah," he beamed, "Trying."

"You're a horrible cook," I muttered, full of honesty.

Jungkook chortled before saying, "But I need to acquire some skills, especially that I live alone."

"Can't Yuju cook for you?" I retorted.

There was a long silence that followed after before Jungkook glossed it over with a smile.

"Let's just say that I don't want to be too dependent again," he answered.

Of course. He always had someone to cook for him. It was either me or his mother.

"Two years of instant food and take-outs in Australia made me want to learn how to cook," he explained. Then, redirecting the conversation, he asked, "Would you be going to the reunion?"

Right. As if Yeri's wedding was not enough, we have a formal reunion with our high school friends.

"I guess so," I shrugged.

I've been skipping the yearly get-together ever since I broke up with Jungkook because I dreaded to answer all the questions they had for me on Jungkook's whereabouts or the backstory of our relationship.

"Is Jimin coming with you?" he probed.

"Is Yuju coming with you?" I asked back.

"If I said no, would you answer 'no' as well?" Jungkook retorted.

That shut me up.

What was that supposed to mean? Is his attempt to come back to my life as a friend not enough? Why is he suddenly giving me riddles? Why does he has to say such misleading words?

Even before I could accuse him of anything, our conversation was halted by the creaking sound of the bathroom's door and both of us turned to find Jimin emerging from the bathroom, topless, with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

I widened my eyes in surprise, but this did not seem to faze Jimin's act.

"Hey, Jungkook," Jimin casually greeted the other male.

"Fancy seeing you here," Jungkook stated.

"I should be the one saying that," Jimin mocked with a smirk, "So do you need anything from my girlfriend?"

I bit my lower lip, for in the way that Jimin delivered his statement, there was an emphasis on the authority he held as my boyfriend – as if it was an implied threat for Jungkook to back out.

"Yeah," Jungkook replied calmly. He showed the grater he was holding before answering, "I'm just borrowing this."

Jungkook then turned to me and said, "I guess I need to leave. Thanks, Da."

"Yeah. No problem," I replied before walking him out of the door.

When I had already successfully sent Jungkook away, I went back to Jimin who seemed to be too comfortable in finding food in my fridge while he was half-naked.

Of course. I told him that I'm not hiding him. Just hiding the fact that he was wearing Jungkook's clothes. That's why he took them off and showed himself.

Ha. Smart.

Now that Jungkook is not here, I leisurely stared at Jimin's body – his skin seemed to glow and his muscles were well-defined. Then, I noticed that his hair was also wet. As he combed them with his fingers, I thought I was watching a live shoot of a commercial.

This guy is too visually perfect that I can't seem to take my eyes off him – it's as if I did not want to do anything but let my eyes feast on such a gorgeous image.

"Once you're done staring at my nakedness, could you give me my clothes?" Jimin teased.

I rolled my eyes in reply before asking him, "Are you really naked right now?"

He then walked towards me, causing me to take a few steps backward until he trapped me against the wall. With a smirk on his lips he said, "I dare you to remove the towel to find out."

I mirrored the stare he was giving me before I lightly grazed my fingers over his sides. I saw him gulp as I put my hand on his waist, right above the edge of the towel and I could feel his anticipation in my every move.

We were staring into each other's orbs. The tension between us was rising and the air suddenly became hotter  than usual.

But instead of pulling the towel off him, I pushed him to the side as I said, "Move aside. I'm getting your clothes."

As I heard him release a breath behind me, I bit back a giggle.

----------

AN: Hey, you all! Please comment down your thoughts if you are enjoying this story. :) And don't forget to vote!