007

Yeri's wedding was coming up and despite insisting that one of my few dresses in the closet would do, Sooyoung forced me to go shopping, saying that I needed to look my best or else I'd be the center of gossips among our high school batchmates, with them guessing how miserable I had become.

"I don't have money for these," I sighed as I looked at the dresses on the rack.

They were all gorgeous but just thinking of my $10,000 debt already urges me to go home and look for some extra freelance job.

"Then pick one, I'd buy it and then I'd let you borrow it," Sooyoung beamed.

"I thought you're going to spend for me," I teased, "That'd be a lot sweeter, you know."

She rolled her eyes and answered, "I know you would not say yes to that. I picked the easier argument."

I nodded with a grin which sent her chuckling as well. She picked three dresses from the rack before pushing me to the dressing room, insisting that I try them all on. She then came with me inside the dressing room.

Sooyoung had already seen so many for me to be shy to strip in front of her.

"I know you have a big debt to pay," she mocked while I was trying to fit into my dress.

"No need to remind me," I muttered, "I already have my grumpy creditor to do that every day."

"Speaking of grumpy creditor, how is he?" Sooung asked and I could see the curiosity in her stare.

"He's fine," I answered as if automatically.

"No!" Sooyoung exclaimed as she helped me zip up, "I mean, is he single?"

I glared at her through the vanity mirror as I said, "I think I don't like where this conversation is going."

"Come on, Da," she replied, "This is your chance to be free from singlehood!"

"I can handle myself, okay? I don't need someone!" I insisted, frustration written all over my face.

Sooyoung held my shoulders and looked at me in the mirror as she said, "Of course. You don't need anyone to complete you. You're perfect the way you are, Dahyun."

"But?" I raised my brows.

"But two is better than one," she wriggled her eyebrows in a playful manner and as I released a sharp breath, she chuckled. She then sat in front of me and said, "Why don't you contact him? You need a date for Yeri's wedding."

"Why would I need one?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

First a new dress. Then, a new guy? Sooyoung is trying to make me crazy, really.

"Because Sungjae is coming with me, and you don't want to third-wheel with us for the whole night," Sooyoung answered.

"Who's Sungjae? I questioned.

"My date," Sooyoung shrugged.

"What happened to Taeyong you introduced just a month ago?" I asked, "And where did you meet this Sungjae? Tinder again?"

"No, Instagram," she sarcastically corrected. Sooyoung then twirled her hair in her finger as she frowned, "And about Taeyong... we're not really compatible."

"Can't you settle with one guy?" I scolded her.

"Can't you settle with any guy?" she retorted.

I bit my lip and she smirked in triumph. Then, Sooyoung argued, "So back to my point. You need to bring this Grumpy Creditor because you don't want to look pathetic on Yeri's wedding. Not in front of the whole batch. Especially not in front of Jungkook and his new girlfriend."

"It's a no, Sooyoung," I said firmly, "And that's final."

"Then what would you say to Jungkook if he asked you about your new boyfriend?

"I don't know," I grunted, "I'd figure that out somehow."

I then started unzipping the dress that I was wearing and with a whisper, Sooyoung told me that I try the other dress. I thought our argument was over – not until she got my phone from the pocket of my jeans and sped out of the dressing room.

"Hey!" I shouted but I couldn't run after her with all my nakedness.

Grunting, I put on my jeans and shirt before running after Sooyoung but when I saw her, she already had a victorious smile on her face. Nevertheless, I grabbed the phone back from her with a glare.

But then she told me, "He already said yes. There's no more going back."

I cleared my throat before taking the ongoing call, "Hello?"

"So you need my help?" Jimin said on the other line.

"You don't need to do it," I told him and Sooyoung whined in front of me.

"No, it's okay, I'd do it," Jimin replied, "Besides I need your help too."

"Need my help for what?" I asked.

"I need you to bring lunch for two tomorrow at work," Jimin answered, "Then you can just count my companionship at your classmate's wedding as returning the favor."

I licked my lower lip and Sooyoung watched me in anticipation. I turned my back at her, but then, she grabbed me and brought her ear close to the phone as well. I tried to shrug her off, but she wouldn't bulge.

"So, deal?" Jimin called for my attention.

"Fine. See you tomorrow," I told Jimin.

As I ended the call, Sooyoung couldn't stop squealing.

----------

AN: Sorry, I couldn't post this last Friday. I was dead. Hahahuhu.