020

I might as well look around, see some souvenirs, try some food, anything that would make this travel worth it. I've been stuck with Jimin the whole day, pretending to be sweet with each other because we were under scrutiny of his parents. We've been calling each other Dubu and Mochi for hours. If he would not let me enjoy during our free hours, I think I need some space away from him instead.

If it was Jungkook, we'd make the best out of every minute.

Urgh. Why did he cross my mind again?

I took some pictures here and there but feeling somehow disappointed that I couldn't make someone take a picture of me. I found some souvenir stores but ended up buying only a ref magnet as I realized that I don't have anyone close with me who would appreciate souvenirs.

Jungkook's the only one who's a collector.

I released a breath and cursed myself for thinking of the person who was the one who threw away all these opportunities to be with me.

I must have been walking for too long for my legs started aching. Fortunately, I found some by-the-beach bar and I ordered some fruit shake to refresh. Then, a man sat beside me, and I wouldn't have paid attention to him, but he started talking to me.

"Are you alone?"

As a courtesy, I faked a smile and replied, "No. I'm with my boyfriend and his family."

"I don't see him with you," he retorted.

"He's just... occupied at the moment," I answered, slightly furrowing my brows at the thought that Jimin could spend hours just by sitting at Mina's side.

"Too bad, he's wasting this moment to be with you," the man beside me gave a sympathetic smile.

I almost thought it's genuine except that I'm not stupid to not think that he's just trying to flirt with me. I wanted to walk away, not having any energy to socialize with a stranger since I spent all of my socialization skills in front of Jimin's parents pretending to be his girlfriend. However, my order has not even arrived yet and I already paid for it.

Oh well. I might as well let this stranger entertain me for a while.

"Well, I guess he should learn from you, Mister..." I trailed, signaling him to introduce himself.

"Jaebum," he extended his hand.

I took it and shook hands with him as I said, "I'm Dahyun."

What's the best thing about people with ego?

They can talk about themselves for long without even realizing it. You have to put zero effort to keep the conversation going. I was just happy that I was able to finish my fruit shake for my ears were starting to bleed from his boastfulness.

"Let me get you another drink," he volunteered.

"No. I'm fine, I think I need to go back as well," I answered.

"Please. I insist," he said before grabbing my arm.

I became alert with the amount of pressure he was using,

"I'd appreciate it if you let go of me," I firmly said.

"Sorry," he beamed before giving me a glass of the same fruit shake, "Come on. Accompany me for just one more drink. I hate to be alone."

But then, his statement was more of a threat than an invitation.

I gulped as I looked at the glass of fruit shake. Well, one glass would not harm right?

I bit my lower lip as I settled back on my seat, stirring the drink with the straw provided and I saw how a contented smile flashed on Jaebum's lips.

But even before I could take a sip, the glass was taken away from me, and all its contents were poured on the ground.

"What's your problem?!" Jaebum bellowed at Jimin.

Jimin almost slammed the glass on the bar as he answered, "You should be thanking me that I did not pour that on you."

Before I knew it, Jimin held me by the wrist and started dragging me away.

He was walking too fast and his grip on me was too strong that I struggled to keep pace, so with full force, I retracted my hand from him, making him turn.

"Why are you so mad?" I muttered.

"He almost drugged you, Dahyun!" Jimin yelled, "That drink was spiked!"

I paused but the need to retaliate burst in me, "How could you know? You were not there!"

"Oh. I arrived there earlier but you were too occupied with that guy that you failed to notice my presence!" Jimin grumbled, "Why do you even have to wander off so far away?!"

"Because you were too occupied with Mina as well!" I retorted, "I think you almost forgot that you brought me here!"

I was expecting for him to accuse me of being jealous, and I already had a counter-argument in hand, but instead, Jimin's features softened. Then, he closed his eyes and slowly released a breath, as if he was trying to calm himself.

When he opened his eyes, his stare met mine as he genuinely whispered, "I'm sorry."

I was taken by surprise by his apology that I was not able to respond, nor even react when Jimin took my wrist again.

"Come on. Let's go back," he said with a small smile as his hand slid from my wrist to my palm, clasping my hand.

I felt like I was enchanted by a spell that Jimin had cast on me. I merely nodded and followed his steps.

I stared at our hands which were clasped together before I told him, "Jimin, no one's looking. You don't have to hold me."

"I know," he replied, "I just want to hold your hand to make sure that you'd not wander off to someone else's side again."

Fortunately, we were walking side by side so Jimin was not able to catch the blush that spread on my cheeks with his statement.

"If you don't want to be like this, I wouldn't get mad if you let go of me," Jimin then added.

I saw how his lips curved into a big smile when I intertwined our fingers together.

—————
AN: If you are enjoying this story, please share your thoughts! Hehe. Thanks for reading!