019

With both his parents showing nothing but kindness and acceptance to me, I could not say 'no' to Jimin's mother and father when they invited me to join their family vacation over the weekend. At least, I'd get to travel for free and I might as well enjoy it.

As he instructed, I waited for him to fetch me in my apartment. The moment his car arrived, I was about to ride shotgun until the window was rolled, revealing Mina who was already occupying the seat.

She flashed me a gummy smile and she looked so gorgeous that I do not even need to wonder why Jimin was so in love with her.

"Hi Dahyun!" she spoke, "Come on in!"

I hopped into the backseat and she greeted me once again, with equal enthusiasm.

"It's our first trip together, I hope it'd be fun!" she added.

"Yeah. I'm looking forward to it too," I replied with a beam – Mina has this certain charm which makes me smile every time I talk to her.

"Have you and Jimin ever been in anywhere before?' Mina asked.

"No," I honestly replied, but at the same time, Jimin answered, "Yes."

The both of us glared each other through the rear-view mirror before Jimin tried to clarify, "Of course we've been to places, but it's our first vacation trip together."

"Really?!" Mina seemed amused, "Dahyun, the beach we're about to go to is one of the top ten in the whole Korea! You'd love it! Jimin's a great swimmer too so don't get worried of getting drowned."

"Hey. I almost got drowned myself," Jimin retorted.

"When?" Mina asked.

Jimin then started telling the story and Mina finally started remembering. The two continued to be engaged in their conversation, reminiscing memories here and there.

I couldn't directly see Jimin's expressions but in the way that I could see some of his body movements and the way I could hear his voice, happiness was very evident.

He was truly head over heels for Mina.

Then suddenly, I felt myself fading into the background. With them knowing each other for years, they could build a world of their own in a matter of seconds.

I inched towards the window closer, resting my head on my seat as I look at the scenery outside.

I felt so out of place.

I must've been too bored to be engrossed to their conversations for I ended up falling asleep; it was only Jimin who woke me up.

"Where's Mina?" I yawned as I found that her seat was empty.

"I let her leave first because I need to talk to you," Jimin started and I noticed how his tone shifted to once of full of seriousness as he added, "Dahyun, this is going to be a test for our relationship."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The two of us need to be careful because mom and dad would surely be testing whether or not we are really dating," he explained, "I need your full cooperation this time, so whatever I do, just play along, okay?"

I squinted at him, before slowly nodding, "Fine."

"Come on. They're waiting," he said before grabbing my bag from me and as soon as I stepped outside his car, he laced our hands together, catching me off-guard so I let him drag me along.

I was then mesmerized by the sight of the sea and the white fine sand under our fee. The deep hues of blue of the sea seemed to be calling to me.

Then, we met his parents who were waiting for us in front of a fancy resthouse.

"Jimin! We've been waiting for you and Dahyun! What took you so long?" Mrs. Park greeted me with a hug.

"Sorry, mom. Dubu and I needed some alone time," Jimin answered.

I prevented a frown from spreading on my lips as I contemplated on Jimin's words.

Ha. He made a term of endearment for me on the spot.

"Dubu?" Mrs. Park asked, amusement in her voice.

I was curious as well so I glanced at Jimin and he pulled me closer towards him, his arm going over my shoulder as he replied, "That's because she's as white as tofu."

He then lightly pinched my cheek as he said, "And her cheek is so fluffy too."

Ha. I think I should return the favor.

"Your cheeks are fluffy too, Mochi," I faked a complaint, before pinching back his cheek.

We concealed each other's glares with big smiles in our lips for we both knew that the names were more of mockery than terms of endearment.

But his mother seemed to have liked it as she genuinely chortled at our antics.

Then, she leaned in and whispered, "I know you two are unstoppable in showing your love for each other but please refrain from getting too rough at night – we don't want to disturb other visitors."

She giggled again, and we automatically laughed along with her but deep inside, I started questioning my decision to join this trip.

I should have known that getting involved with the family would make things more complicated than usual.

-----------

The sea is calling me. Those gorgeous hues of blue and its brilliance under the bright sun – I am drawn to them.

But here I am, stuck at the beach.

I glanced at my side to see Jimin, reading a book as a front. In truth, he was sitting beside Mina who was sunbathing. He did nothing but glare at everyone who was staring at the girl.

I then looked at Mina and her glorious body which was perfectly hugged by the red two-piece she was wearing. Her porcelain skin reflected the rays of the sun, catching the attention of the people who were passing by. No wonder Jimin's protective side was reactivated by the number of men ogling at her leisurely.

My gaze fell back to my body and the boring black tank top and white shorts I was wearing. I'm not that confident to wear sexy things even at the beach but I don't find anything wrong with that as long as I was wearing something comfortable.

My top priority is ease while having fun.

But I was far from having fun right now.

I sighed, feeling so envious of the people who were laughing while swimming at the sea.

I pouted before turning to Jimin, "Are you really just going to read a book all day long?"

"Yes. I don't see a problem with that," Jimin answered without sparing me a glance.

"Then you should've been at the library, instead," I whispered underneath my breath.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said before standing up, dusting the sand off my legs.

"Where are you going?" Jimin asked.

"Somewhere," I mumbled, not bothering to look back as I walked away.