006

"So who's that guy and girl in the club if they are not your friends?" Jimin asked, as if he was reading who was on my mind.

"What makes you think I'd be telling you my story?" I raised my brows at him.

"Because I'm eating, and you're bored but I don't have TV," he answered, "Plus you're stuck with me for the next ten months of your life or three years if you'd want. It's inevitable for you to tell me your story, one way or another."

Why is this guy too good in arguments?

"But I won't push you if you don't want," he shrugged again, "You can tell me another story. Anything entertaining."

"I already cooked your breakfast. Can I just go?" I asked.

"No," he said, "It's the thought of not being alone that makes me pay you a hundred bucks."

"Ugh," I grunted.

"So next time just eat with me if you want to get away from telling stories," he chortled.

I pouted, and he stared.

"I'm waiting," he reminded.

"I know you know their names already," I started.

"Oh," he exclaimed, as if nodding to himself that I've decided to tell him that story after all. He then replied, "But you know that's not what I'm asking."

I sighed again before confessing, "The guy's my ex and the girl is his new girlfriend."

"That's why you're so bitter," he laughed, "To the point that you destroyed a car."

"Well, thanks for laughing at my misery," I glared at him.

"I'm sorry for laughing but I won't say sorry for telling the truth," he smirked.

"Your apology sounds so genuine," I muttered sarcastically.

"As genuine as your apology to the owner of the car that night," he retorted.

This guy just can't stop reminding me of my greatest mistake.

He must've seen my disgruntled countenance, so he smiled before raising his hands, "Fine. I'd stop teasing you so that you can continue telling about your ex."

I bit my lower lip, thinking how far should I tell him. I guess a summary would do just good. I'd try to omit all the feelings as I could, so that he wouldn't have another blackmail material.

"Jungkook and I were best friends in high school. We started dating in college, and we broke up two years ago," I said.

Amazing. Ten years of friendship and love in just two sentences.

"Why'd you break up?" he asked, "Did he cheat on you?"

I paused as a lump suddenly formed in my throat. I blinked before giving a sad smile as I answered, "No, he didn't. He said he just woke up one day and realized that he doesn't love me anymore."

Technically, he did not cheat on me with another girl. But knowing that I was the only one who's in love him – I still felt cheated. We swore to conquer the world together, yet he left me battling on my own.

"For months, I tried my best avoiding him, but we just had too many connections, so it was inevitable to bump into each other. Then, I guess he was the one who made way for us not to interact as he left for abroad," I added, "That night was the first time I've seen him in two years."

My shaky gaze met Jimin's and in his eyes, I found empathy. We were silent for a moment, as if we were both trying to absorb the weight of my words.

"Do you still love him?" Jimin spoke.

Do I still love him? That's a question I've been asking myself every day.

It was a question that I was confidently answering 'no' in the past but after seeing Jungkook, I knew that something stirred in my heart once more. All the forgotten anger and even the lost affection were monsters trying awoken, trying to get off of my chest.

"I honestly don't know," I told Jimin. "Two years made me learn to adjust how to live without him but then sometimes, the loneliness just kicks in. However, I don't know if it's him who I miss or the feeling of being in love."

We fell silent once more until it was my turn to ask him.

"How about you? Got a girlfriend?"

"Why? Are you really interested in dating me?" he teased, lightening up the mood.

I blankly stared at him in disbelief and he chuckled in return.

Then, I observed as sadness filled with gaze when he answered, "I don't have a girlfriend – just a girl whom I loved for long."

I licked my lips before asking, "And you broke up too?"

He replied, "She never was and never will be mine."

Silence enveloped up once again but sensing the unsual shift of the atmosphere, he commented, "Heartbreaks are not really great desserts in the morning."

"You're the one who started it," I reprimanded.

He beamed but this time, the smile never reached his eyes.

Then, I asked myself which pain was greater – the pain of losing someone you love or the pain of never being with that person.

—————
AN: BTS AT GRAMMY'S!!! Wazzup