A.N. Epilogue

I stirred in my bed and looked over to my side to see that Dahyun still hasn't slept yet. I looked over the clock and saw that it was already eleven in the evening. I had been asleep for around an hour while Dahyun was just lying beside me, staring at the ceiling.

"What's the matter?" I asked and my voice turned out to be husky.

She looked over to my side, turning her body towards me, "I've been thinking."

I supported my head with my hand while the other caressed Dahyun's face as I asked, "Thinking about what?'

"How much do I still owe you?"

I chuckled before answering, "You were close to paying it in full even before my mom's birthday so I purposely didn't keep track. I didn't want to give you a reason to leave me." 

She beamed but her gaze was still filled with questions.

"You still have something on your mind," I remarked.

"I've been thinking about everything."

"Why? Do you regret being with me now?" I teased her.

She beamed, but then her countenance changed again into a questioning one as she asked, "I am just curious. When did you start loving me?"

I stared at her. As I tried to figure out the answer to the question, I needed to revisit some of my memories.

I remembered meeting Dahyun in a bar on the night that Hyunsik hyung told me that he was going to propose to Mina noona. I went there to drink all my worries away, hoping that drowning myself in alcohol would ease all the pain that I was feeling.

I remember sitting beside a pretty girl in the bar. Despite how gorgeous she looked that night, I saw despair in the way she downed glass after glass of alcohol. Unknowingly, I started drinking with her for it was as if I was seeing my own pain in her.

I was expecting the night to go by smoothly; I knew that I'd forget the pain for a while, yet it'd greet me again as soon as the sun would wake me up the day after.

However, everything took a different turn when the girl beside me suddenly introduced me as her boyfriend.

----------

I woke up alone in my room. I drew the curtains in order to see how the sun shone on the whole city. I sighed. I was at the top of the world, yet I couldn't be happy for I knew I was alone.

Suddenly, a curse from the kitchen halted my trance.

I yawned as I started waking towards the kitchen and was surprised to see Dahyun struggling to make my breakfast.

Ah. I almost forgot that I made her cook.

I found myself enjoying at how cute she worked with her hair tied up in a bun. The food she prepared was impressive too.

I already learned the basics from her with just reading the cards she carried with her, but that morning, I learned how she viewed a person.

I learned that 'Jungkook' was not just the owner of the clothes I borrowed.

He was also the owner of her heart. He was both her happiest and saddest days.

I realized then that I was wrong for thinking that I was alone. For in Dahyun, I found someone who shared the same pain with me.

Maybe it was the comfort that was given by the home-made food. Maybe it was the comfort she gave, herself. Maybe it was our conversation.

But at that moment, I knew I was willing to spend every cent for that comfort I felt to last.