Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Angel

“I hope she doesn’t think I am okay with this,” I growled while I paced by the lake.

“Calm down . . . Gabriel feels bad about the bite. He won’t hurt her again,” Faith reasoned, sitting on a bolder, “I overheard him talking with Vicky. He made sure he was nice and fed.”

“Now that makes it sound like he was planning on making a move,” I growled even angrier as I turned toward the house.

Faith was suddenly in my way, “Calm down,” She warned.

“I can’t possible calm down, Faith. I can’t hear her heart! How am I supposed to know it something is wrong?” I paced back towards the lake.

“That is why I brought you out here,” She sighed.

“This is insane,” I threw my hands in the air.

“Trust her, Angie,” Faith sighed.

“I trust her . . . it’s him I don’t trust,” I snapped.

“That is entirely too cliché for you, brother,” She sat back down on her bolder and watched me pace.

“I don’t care!” I growled.

“If you want to keep this a secret you have to calm down, Angie!” Faith nearly shouted.

I stopped pacing and looked at her, “How did you know? Aqua said things all the time about you looking into things, and how you made her look into things. How could you tell?”

“I know you . . . I know when you are acting weird for you. And I know girls . . . the way she argued with you and seemed to enjoy getting teased by you . . . It was obvious it was only a matter of time before you two realized it,” She smiled proudly.

“I have to just check her heartbeat . . . just get close enough to check,” I begged.

“Fine, I will come with you,” She stood and we ran until we were out of the woods.

I heard her heart faintly, but I couldn’t pick up a correct speed. I ran a little closer until we were just inside then I caught it.

“Holy shit, Faith,” I growled.

Aqua’s heart was about to beat right out of her chest. I had never heard it beat that fast before.

I picked up speed and left Faith behind. As I reached the top of the stairs I heard her.

“Gabriel, we can’t . . . please,” I heard her protest.

I burst through the door to see my brother laying on top of Aqua with one hand up her shirt, the other pulling at her jeans and his lips moving on her neck.

“Gabriel,” I growled.

I jumped into him and tackled off the other side of the bed. I stood quickly. He looked up at me dazed.

“Who the hell do you think you are? As if that ended well last time,” I had to keep it cool, Blame it on protecting the brat. Not jealousy for Aqua.

“Angel,” I heard her sigh my name. I heard that she was thankful.

Years of learning how to control my emotions allowed me to rein in my joy. But then I quickly became seriously angry.

“Angel, calm down,” She put a hand on my shoulder, “Its fine . . . I’m okay,” I jerked away and glared at her.

“Don’t you get it’s my neck if anything happens to you,” I growled trying to get my point across.