Chapter 32

Chapter 32

The way my body instantly lit up made me moan. I pulled him tighter to me and pressed my body against his. That’s when he finally responded and started pressing his lips against mine I could not stop now. Being in his arms again only kindled the fire in me to fight against my family.

“Aqua, enough!” Hapu grabbed me and pulled me away from Angel. Instantly guards were back on him holding him down.

“No!” I screamed.

“He is it!” Hapu exclaimed looking at me with disgust in his eyes. “He is the man that has stolen your heart before I even had a chance?”

“Yes,” I stared back at him showing him no matter the amount of distaste the filled his features I would not stand down. “I love him and he loves me . . . there is nothing any one of you can do about it!”

“I will take you,” He growled and grabbed me pulling me against him.

I reached around his waist and gripped the hilt of his dagger.

“To hell you will!” Angel growled.

Hapu shoved me away from him causing the dagger to be removed from his belt. Then he turned to Angel

“Fine, if telling you I love him is not enough to save him . . . then maybe you will try to save me,” I put the dagger to my neck.

“Aqua, put down that knife right now,” Angel ordered instantly. “Do not do this for me . . . don’t you dare!” He struggled against the guards' hold on him.

The guards, my father, and Hapu took a step towards me.

“No!” I took a step back pressing the point of the knife against my neck to draw blood, “Let him go!” I growled.

“She will not hurt herself for this beast,” Hapu growled. “Take the knife from her!”

“Now she will . . . Just because you said she won't. She’s more stubborn than anyone I know,” Angel growled.

I turned to him and smirked.

“I don't think this is funny,” he snapped at me. “Take the knife away from you damn neck, Aqua. Take it away now!” Angel demanded

“I won't let them hurt you. I'm sorry . . .” I shook my head.

“No,” he growled. “I am not worth your life. We talked about this!”

“If you’re not then who is?” I shrugged

“Get the knife!” Hapu ordered.

The guards stepped towards me and I dragged the knife across my neck.

“Aqua!” Angel growled and just before everything went black. I watch as Angel threw all the guards off him and ran at me.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Angel's POV

“Aqua!” I growled as I watch the knife draw a line of thick, red blood across her neck.

Instantly, I threw the guards off me and ran at her and caught her before she even hit the ground and before anyone realized what was going on.

“No!” I yelled at her unconscious face. Without really thinking, I bit into my wrist and pressed it to her lips. “Please, please, Aqua,” I pleaded.