Chapter 26

Chapter 26

“I think we should do something today,” I sighed as I pulled the sweater over my head again. 

“No more fights,” Angel breathed lounging on the bed.

“I don’t know,” I smiled laying across his chest, “I think the makeup is worth it.”

He just laughed, “Seriously, Love,” He sighed with a smile.

“Seriously? No more fights,” I kissed his shoulder.

“Good,” He chuckled and held me tighter to him. “Now what is it that you wanted to do?” He asked.

“Well, we need to get dressed first,” I laughed and then moved from the bed.

“Wait,” He whined grabbing me and pulling me back to him, “not yet.”

“Angel,” I laughed as I moved to get away from him.

“No,” He complained and rolled over so that he was on top of me. He then pulled the covers over us.

“Angel, come on,” I laughed as he pinned my arms over my head.

“Shh,” he breathed across my neck.

I laughed and struggled against him. Suddenly he pulled away to look into my eyes.

“Did I hurt you?” He asked sincerely.

“No,” I replied just as seriously. “You could never hurt me.” I pressed my lips against his.

He pulled away and sat up.

“I am being serious, Aqua. Did I take too much blood?” He asked concerned.

“No,” I smiled and pulled myself on to his lap. “I promise you didn’t hurt me . . . at all. I feel fine,” I kissed his cheek and then pushed off of him and stood from the bed.

“Where are you going?” He smiled at me.

“To get some clothes on,” I laughed.

“I don’t like that idea,” His arms were suddenly around me.

“Angel, we can’t sit up here all day,” I giggled.

“Oh, but I think we can, Love,” He smirked as he kissed down my neck. “Just stay quiet and they won’t even notice we are gone.”

“How can I stay quiet with you teasing me like this,” I giggled and pulled out of his arms only to go back to him and press my lips against his. I cupped my hands around the back of his neck and played with his messy hair.

He wrapped his arms around me in their normal death-grip, but it never hurt me. Angel was always so careful not to hurt me.

I had never been treated as special – and at the same time not special – as the time I spent with Angel. He knew my every perfection and was not afraid to point out my flaws. He knew me like I was honestly a part of him and I would always love every minute of it.

Suddenly Angel broke the kiss. I kept my eyes close and leaned against his chest. That was when I notice something was seriously wrong.

Angel was too rigid. When Angel holds me a whole new soft, comforting feel comes over his body, but as soon as there is danger or any kind of disturbance he goes on high alert. What was once soft and comforting was now rigid and cold.

That was what Angel was right now. Rigid and cold.

My eyes shot up and I studied his panic stricken expression.