Chapter 18

Chapter 18       

“How many more dresses do you have in there?” Angel complained.

We were now sitting up and he was sitting against the headboard and I was leaning against his chest tired.

“Many more,” Faith stuck her tongue out at him.

“Maybe I just shouldn’t go,” I sighed exhausted.

“No!” Faith shouted, “This next one . . . I know it will be it! I know it!” She ran over to the bed and pulled me off.

I clung to Angel, but it was no use.

“You said you wanted to go, Brat,” Angel smirked as he let me go and Faith dragged me to the closet.

“Traitor,” I glared at him and then the door was closed behind me.

“Put it on,” Faith threw an overwhelming amount of blue silky fabric at me.

Oh my God it is beautiful

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I walked out the back door towards the lake. I was in a long loose cream thin strapped sundress. I was slowly walking letting my bare feet feel the grass. The wind slightly blew my hair over my shoulder.

Angel was called off to do something with his Father and brother. I was attempting to entertain myself, but was failing miserably.

I smiled thinking of the dress I finally picked. Angel was annoyed by Faith and I. We refused to show him the dress and then he got called off to his father so he hasn’t really had the time to complain yet.

There was a shift in the air around me and I knew someone was walking towards up behind me.

I smiled and turned towards Angel. I knew it was him. I could just feel it.

“Why are you out here alone? You should be inside with Faith,” He sighed walking up to me.

“I was bored and I needed some air. I figure Gabriel wouldn’t follow me outside,” I replied looking away from him.

His growl was low and deep in his chest. I turned back to him quickly.

“He has no right . . .”

“Do you know why he didn’t tell everyone about us?” I raised an eyebrow.

“No,” He replied shocked by my question.

“Because while everyone else doesn’t know he knows he can still be with me . . . and you can’t do anything about it. At least not without everyone finding out,” I said calmly.

“Fuck that,” He growled, “I will tell everyone.” He turned back to the house.

“Angel,” I sighed and he stopped, “Don’t do it while you are angry.” I turned away back to the woods.

He walked back to me and wrapped his arms around me from behind, “It’s not fair,” He breathed into my hair.

“I don’t care, Angel. I don’t care what anyone else thinks. As long as I have you for forever,” I leaned against his chest.