Gone

When jisung was called into a private room with the doctor and Minhos mum and step dad, he held tightly onto the hand of the woman to his left.

He couldn't imagine the way she was feeling after all this time. Jisungs back had began to ache from all the time spent sitting and sleeping in the hospital chairs but that woman never once left Minhos side.

Sure, Minho was Jisungs boyfriend, but this was her son, the bond between a mother and their child being stronger than anything else in the word.

Doyoon was tired too. He was running around covering for her at work, bringing her food and making sure she was drinking enough water. Jisung wondered if there was anyone taking care of him, he must be having a hard time too.

When the door to the room was eventually shut, the doctor sat down infront of them and began speaking.

Jisung could tell by the frown on the mans face what he was about to say but he didn't want to accept it. Not one bit.

"I'm so sorry to be the one to tell you this, but..." He began. Jisung immediately put his head in his hands.

"Minho didn't make it."

That's how most of Jisungs dreams were going ever since the accident.

He wasn't sure if it was the lack of sunlight he was getting, or the fact that he hadn't left his depressing  spot on the floor outside of Minhos door, in 4 days.

No matter how much the nurses and reception staff tried to get him to eat, he didn't want it. He had a sip of water every now and again and got up to use the rest room maybe 3 times but aside from that, his body was glued to the tiles.

As of now, Minho was still in a coma. His heart was being monitored on a machine and he had tubes coming out of his arms and legs.

For the first day or 2, he was put on life support. His lungs had collapsed and the part of his brain that allowed him to breath had gone into shock causing his body to shut down almost completely.

Eventually, they started to do their job again and Minho was able to breath on his own, but he stayed in his coma.

Due to the fact it wasn't medically induced, the doctors had no idea when he would wake up.... or if.

The waiting period was probably the worst part of the whole situation. Not knowing whether or not jisung would hold Minhos hand, kiss his lips, or say I love you to a conscious boy ever again was what hurt him the most.

Mentally, a part of jisung had already let the idea of Minho go. He had realised that the odds weren't in his favour when the doctors told him there was an 87% chance he wouldn't make it.

But the other part of jisung, the stronger part, held on to the 13% that saw him and Minhos future together.

Thankfully, that part outweighed the other, hence why jisung had barely moved a muscle, keeping himself as close to Minho as possible, even when he wasn't allowed through the door.

He had seen him twice since he'd been here. The first time being directly after he had arrived, and the second being when Minho was finally taken off of life support and had to be transported to get brain scans.

Minho has suffered from craniocerebral trauma, or in other words traumatic brain injury.

As a result of the crash, Minhos skull had been slightly fractured, however since it was a blunt force that hit his head, not entirely breaking through the bone, most of the damage had occurred to his brain.

The scans showed Minhos fracture and the abnormal swelling of his brain meaning was immediately taken in for surgery.

When the doctors had told Jisung that, he couldn't help but want to breakdown again, right then and there. At one point in his life, he had wanted to be a brain surgeon. Hell, his parents had even sent him to a coarse at the age of 15 about it, which he passed with flying colours.

He knew a lot about brain injuries affects on people, and he knew that if Minho did survive this, he wouldn't be the same Minho who went into that car crash.

Jisung knew that the brain trauma Minho underwent would change him. Not only would it change his outward appearance for a short time, but it could affect his body, his mood, his speech, his vision, his emotions and his behaviour.

When Jisungs thoughts were interrupted upon hearing his name softly being called from the other end of the hall, he didn't even bother to turn his head. His emotionless eyes stayed staring forward into nothingness.

He felt a presence next to him and a hand make its way into his own, only to hear the person gasp at the coldness of his skin.

"Jisung, baby you're freezing." Immediately he recognised the voice as that of his very own best friend.

Hyunjin wasn't alone however. Even though jisung still didn't change his gaze he knew that the strong arms that picked him up and carried him bridal style to a chair weren't Hyunjin's.

He knew that the person who took of their hoodie and put it on jisung wasn't him, he knew that the person who rested a blanket over his legs wasn't him and he knew the person who played with his hair wasn't him either.

Chan, woojin, Jeongin, Felix, Changbin, Seungmin and hyunjin had all come together.

Changbin was the first to hear and the rest of them had found out earlier however they wanted to come all together and with work and school it was impossible up until this point.

Jisungs emotionless face remained unchanged even throughout the boys best attempts to get him to talk. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't. He felt so cold and empty.

Somehow even hours later, his exhausted self remained huddled up on Chans lap. Over all the time of the boys being there, he didn't break once. Not even letting a hint of all the emotions he was feelings slip through the mask he wore.

However, the silence of the hospital that jisung swelled in was broken by a sudden outburst of loud cries and inaudible screaming.

Everyone's head perked up as they took in the cries, however immediately jisung realised what was happening.

For the first time in days he shot up and ran into the room he had spent so long restraining himself from entering.

He pushed the large red button next to the bed repeatedly, calling for a doctor as quickly as he could, before he was finally removed from the room with tears of adrenaline gushing down his cheeks.

Everyone else was still in shock and battered with confusion.

But jisung was perfectly aware of what was happening. He was waking up.

Minho was finally waking up.

A/n
And y'all though I would let him DIE.