FINALE

•••

"Take care of this little one. Or maybe, it'll take care of you."

A trail of smoke accompanied the Mandalorian as he flew away with the child, the latter holding out his hands to Fwega as she grew smaller and smaller.

"Your hair's down."

Fwega looked over at Cara. The elastic band had fallen out and gave way to an endless sea of pink waves, only breaking to accommodate the beads sprinkled throughout.

"Yep." She popped the 'p'.

They stared into the distance until his ship appeared on the horizon, approaching fast.

"Cara."

She turned to the girl.

"Yes?"

Fwega hugged her.

It had been so long since Cara had had physical contact with anyone that it took a moment to register the action, but eventually she put her arms around her shoulders.

"You'll find someone, Cara. I know you will."

Fwega pulled away just as the wind started picking up around them. Her hair whipped around her, and Cara couldn't imagine anyone being so beautiful.

"Well, that's my ride!"

The ship's ramp lowered but didn't touch the ground, and Fwega battled the elements to reach it. She yelled down one last goodbye before it closed, propelling her up so she was level with the rest of the ship.

It was the same old ship. It was almost alien to see it; the place where it all began.

Her hand brushed across the scattered crates until she stopped at a spot on the floor.

She stared at it, eyes unseeing.

A hand brushed her shoulder.

She turned away from him, trying to wipe away the lone tear that had escaped.

"Right here." She sniffed. "Right here. This is where it all started."

He laughed softly, and folded her into him so her cheek rested against his dirty breastplate.

"Din."

He looked down at her.

"What happens now?"

He fingered her curls and sighed, looping one around his finger.

"Now, we live."

"And we'll have to let the child go?"

"At some point. But for now we're just one, big happy family."

"Will you kiss me again?"

"Anything for you Fwega, Queen of Galdana. Plus, you have a promise to keep."

•••

Thank you so much, everyone. Definitely NOT crying as I write this (lies) but I'm just so thankful for the support and comments everyone has given to this story. I hope you liked Fwega and all her adventures, and I'll see you in the fall for the next season.

(Also go read Flora and Fauna)

And for the last time: Hope you enjoyed!!

See you soon!!