PART THIRTY-NINE

•••

"There is something within you Fwega, something so deep that even the most vigilant may not see it at first. But I see you, I see through you. I can feel the wind on your face and the love for your mandalorian and child. I can see you in a way no one else can."

"But you don't know me."

"The force binds every living thing. I told you before that you wield an aspect of it?"

Fwega nodded.

"Can you feel his emotions now?" Ahsoka gestured to Mando, who was adjusting the straps on his chest in the distance.

"Yes, but faintly."

"Close your eyes."

Fwega complied.

"Feel his emotions wash over you. Make his feelings find a way within your own, completing a piece of you you may have overlooked. Feel your emotions, dark and apparent, then reach out to him, letting them wash over you like ocean waves."

The tide drew in and out and in and out, Fwega swaying slightly. Ahsoka reached out a hand to touch her and she gasped, opening her eyes to meet the cool black of Mando's helmet. His curiosity fit like a puzzle piece, the sensory organ nestled in her left abdomen feeling full: like a full stomach on Life Day. Ahsoka withdrew her arm and Mando's feelings faded off into a lull in the back of her mind.

"That..." Fwega was at a loss for words.

"From one force user to another, we can share our energy. That's what you do when you link, but on a more personal scale. Did you feel how easy it was to locate him? That's because I lent my energy to you, and since your's was so honed in to his, you can locate him across galaxies if you have help. So if you ever get separated, ask the child to lend you his energy and he will understand. You're a mother to him; he won't refuse."

Fwega watched the child on the rock across from her, Grogu tilting his head, imitating her.

"And I will be able to find Din through his emotions?"

"No, Fwega. Through the Force."

°°°

"Rise and shine, beautiful! I don't wanna spoil all the fun, but I have some special things planned for today! As in, it'll be fun for me, but not fun for you. Still fun!" Zita tapped on the metal walls as she came in, startling Fwega from her memory. She had drifted off reluctantly into a thin sleep, passing the time by thinking of the people she cared about. Naturally, her mind had drifted from Din to Cara to Grogu to Ahsoka, who had acted as a makeshift mentor. The Force-

Wait. The Force.

"C'mon lovely, let's take a walk." Zita grinned at the groggy Fwega, who shook her head. "I give you the comm if you come~"

Her grin widened as Fwega stood up, nursing a cut on her arm. Zita had given it to her after a stressful day of mind games in which Zita would list off the people of Galdana she had killed, describing the emotions they had felt before they died. Their last moments had revealed more to Zita than if Fwega had known them for real: and for some, she had.

Zita took Fwega's injured arm and looped it with her's, digging the edge of her shoulders into the still-fresh cut. "You're lucky this is a dark purple jacket, that stain prolly would've never come out."

Fwega whined in pain but complied. Her hair was oily and slick, shifting down to cover her eyes. The beads clacked gently and Zita glared at then, annoyed by the noise.