Part 1: Found You

~ 5 Years Later ~

Katniss Mellark's P.O.V.

Five years ago today, I married the love of my life. Peeta Noah Mellark. It was four years ago since he saved me from my pain. Five years since we saved each other. And took on each other's pains and sorrows. Some of ours grew. When I turned twenty four, Peeta had a massive flashback. I was hospitalized. But I was okay. We grew. We are better. Things have been amazing, just him and I. And of course our loving canine friend, Daisy. We haven't thought much of growing. Even though it has been ten years of being married. We haven't had much thought since the loss of who would've been our son. Peeta hasn't asked, or pressured me into it. Which I am grateful for. I may be able to soon. I want to. Even though a part of me in my mind is deathly afraid of the idea. I want to fulfill the wishes of my dearly loved dandelion. But a part of me isn't prepared. I feel afraid of the possibility of losing another child. I do know it wasn't my fault. I refused to believe in the possibility. Which was a mistake on my part. I didn't trust myself, or even the words that could be true by my mother or Peeta. Which was a mistake and also selfish of me. They just wanted me to be safe. But neither one of them blame me. Even though I did for the longest time. Daisy sits on the floor next to me in the kitchen. I am making supper for tomorrow night. I may or may not give Daisy some of the trimmings of duck. Which she enjoys a lot. She is nine years old now. Still healthy as can be. Mostly she gets her good health from hunting with me and Gale. She is a very beautiful dog. A great companion. I'm glad to have her. She is no Buttercup. No one will replace that old man. He will have a big spot in me. Along with Prim, Cinna, Finnick, and my father. Who I can feel around me all the time. I miss them so, but not as bad as it used to be. The back door to my house opens. My long time best friend, Gale Hawthorne enters. He has his girlfriend with him.

"Hey Catnip." He says.

"Hi Gale, Aleree. What brings you by?" I ask and put the stove on low so I can talk.

"Well, we just have some news for you." Gale says.

"Bad? Or good?" I ask.

"Good, definitely good. Gale and I are going to get married!" Aleree says.

I gasp. "Oh my God! Congratulations you guys!" I say and hug Gale and Aleree.

"Thanks, Katniss." He says. "We were wondering if you and Peeta want to join us in 12 later? Maybe celebrate your anniversary?"

"We'd love to. I'll let him know. Should we just meet in the Square?" I say.

"Yeah sure. Around six-ish." Aleree says.

"Great, we'll be there." I say. "And congrats again, you two. I am so happy and excited."

"Thank you. We are too." Gale says.

I hug both of them before they leave. I set the food aside to let it stay warm. I rustle Daisy's head.

"Soon we may just hunt alone girl. He may move away after he's married." I say to her.

She whines. "Oh, but it'll be alright. It used to be us, remember?" I say and make a pout face at her.

She barks at me and then licks my face. "Good. You'll still come with me." I say and kiss her head.

"We'll be gone tonight. Will you be good?"

She barks again and jumps on me. "That's a good girl, Daisy. You're such a sweetie pie." I say and pet her.

I head to the stairs. Daisy isn't too far behind me. I sit on my bed and pick up the phone. I dial the number to the Bakery. It rings then picks up.