Part 15: That Would Be Enough

~ Three Months Later; Week of Aster's Birthday/ Christmas ~

Katniss's P.O.V.

This is my most favorite time of the year. Not just the Christmas season. Just how much my family is expanding and loving. Gale and Aleree figured out their problems with infertility. Cressida generously volunteered to be their gestational surrogate. She looks amazing. Glowing even only at three months. I, on the other hand, am glowing yet... not so much. I am seven months now. Our little Olive Sage will be born in February. February 5th is the plan. I haven't been on bed rest. Which is a blessing. And there have been no issues with this pregnancy. Which is also a blessing. I'm bigger this time around than with Aster. And more hormonal unbalanced. My cravings are more intense. Ankles swollen to watermelons, along with my stomach. More energy and happiness. Less anxious about birth and more prepared. And an overall sense of peace of mind. Aster has been so excited about her sixth birthday. She has been in the first grade for four months and is such a great little girl. She is so smart. Peeta has been keeping her away so I can go get her birthday gifts. Along with a few Christmas gifts. Peeta and I decided when she turned one to give her mainly birthday presents, and only a few Christmas gifts. She gets a lot from her Godparents and Grandma. They spoil her rotten for both holidays. Which we always tell them not to. But they love that girl so much. Aster is spending time with Haymitch and Effie for a while. Peeta and I are enjoying time together.

"What is it this time?" I asked curiously as I put my small knit-work down, and moved my arm to stretch my upper body. As much as I can be, while pregnant.

I was careful to keep my legs as still as possible for him, knowing it makes his painting easier. He stayed silent for a moment, and I didn't mind. His blue eyes are deeply focused on the colors he is putting on the skin of the top of my foot.

"Almost done, then you can see yourself!" He replies excitedly when he can pull his focus away for a moment.

He smiles up at me before going back to focusing. This had become a normal thing during the last few months, his painting on me. And occasionally Aster. It started as a silly heart on my cheek. Now... I looked at my arm, where a flowering vine peaks out under my shirt, going down to stop at my wrist. Vivid greens leaves with light purple flowers ending just above my wrists. It is fading, as Peeta paints tend to after a day or so, but still, look beautiful. Still, he seemed to find something inspiring to do on my lower leg today as well. People had gotten so used to seeing them on me, so no one would question even more of Peeta's art on my body. And it is more beautiful when Olive kicks and Peeta paints her feet and incorporates them into the art on my body.

"And, done! Take a look!" He says,

I carefully lift my leg to see what he did, as usual, takes my breath away. On my lower ankle, he has painted beautiful lily pads with flowers. Some blue around it looks as deep as the lake they visit, and a tiny dragonfly can be made out above it.

"Peeta..." I sigh. It irritates me sometimes when I can't find the words to express things to him. "It-it's beautiful."

He just sits on the couch next to me and hugs me around the waist loosely, kissing me hair as he smiles. His way of telling me thank you. The only part of it that bothers me is I have to hold my leg up when he embraces me so it wouldn't smudge. Which is a miracle I can do with a person in me.

"You should paint the nursery today. Since we have a day to ourselves." I say and rest my head on him.

"I think I will. Sadly, you can't be there. With all the paint fumes, I don't want you to get sick." He says,

"Aww, so sad. At least I won't be alone." I say with a smile, and rest my hand on my stomach.

"I'll give you sneak peeks at times though. Just not in there for too long." He says and kisses my temple.