Part 2: I'll Be Waiting

Peeta's P.O.V.

Katniss and I are going to visit Annie and Finn Odair. We want to be more in the lives of our friends, since we haven't much. Which is a shame. Finn is now 6. And is looking more and more like his father, Finnick. I know he'd be a great father if he were here. I brought some bread from the bakery that we can enjoy. I really have grown to enjoy seafood in the times we have come to District 4. Not a whole lot comes to 12. But we do have good food. Annie cleans up our meal and we enjoy time with Finn.

"I was looking at old pictures and came across a picture of me dad." Finn says and shows Katniss and I.

Instant memories flood back. I see them hit Katniss like a brick. I hold her hand tightly.

"It's kinda weird. I've never met him, but the way I feel when I think about him... I just miss him." Finn says.

"Well... Your dad was a great person and a great friend. I bet he misses you too." I say.

"He helped me in every way he possibly could. It... gives me hope and encourages me not to give up." Katniss says.

"I wish he was here.... Just to tell how proud I am of him." Finn says and shrugs a little. He sets the picture down, then goes back to coloring his picture.

"He knows how proud you are of him, Finn. Don't forget that." Katniss says.

"I won't. Promise." he says and smiles.

We both smile at him. Katniss looks at me. I see the pain behind her smile. I squeeze her hand tightly. The rest of our time in 4 is really nice. We spend time at the beach. It brings back Katniss and I's honeymoon. The special times. The love. And how we grew.

~ Few Weeks Later ~

Katniss's P.O.V.

Peeta and I are getting stronger together. We spend all the time in the world together. In the meadow under the guard of the daisies. Baking in our Bakery. Spending time at home. Cooking at home. And just being in each others loving arms. But even with all this.. I know Peeta is missing something in him. I can see it in his eyes. Even when he smiles at me. Behind all of it.. I know what he needs. What he really wants is this two person, one animal, family to grow. I don't think I can deny him of that anymore. I sit on the counter as Peeta makes us lunch. I get the composure and bravery to talk to him.

"Hey Peeta?" I ask.

"Hmm?" He asks still focusing on making us food.

I get off the counter. I go and take his hand. "What's up?" He asks.

"I need to talk to you." I say.

His look grows concerned. "Nothing bad, I swear. I just need to talk to you." I say.

"Alright. Does it need to be now?" He says.

I nod. "Please?" I ask.

"Of course." he says.

I lead him to the table and we sit down.

"What do you need to talk about?" he asks.

"It's not me mainly. It's you too, Peeta." I say.

He gives me a puzzled look. "Me?" He asks.

"I know.. I said to wait a little longer for kids.. But I can tell, Peeta. I can tell that you don't want just me and Daisy." I say.

"We still can wait. I can manage, Katniss. You don't need to push for this now, just for me." He says.

"I want to. I really do. It is still... scary.. But.. I'll have you. And everyone else." I say.

I see him contemplating this decision in his eyes. He wants it in his heart. But he also wants me to be okay.

"Please let me give this to you." I say and cup his face with my hands.

He nods. He smiles a little and places his hand on mine. "Okay." He says.

I smile. "Thank you." I say and kiss him.