Part 4: It's Only A Matter Of Time

Katniss's P.O.V.

Peeta and I have been keeping ourselves in our house for the past few days. Today we are inviting everyone we love over to share this most wonderful news. Peeta made a dozen cupcakes and piped pink frosting inside of them. And then mixed pink and blue on top. I made cards for everyone. For their new titles. Uncles, Anuts, Godparents, Grandmother. We haven't spoken to anyone either. Which is making my mother and Haymitch worried. They call us but we tell them we are fine. Peeta and I just stay with each other. It is crazy to me how much I have grown. This little girl in me is growing and growing each day. And in only five months.. she'll be in the world. This hard, yet, wonderful world. I watch the water stream down my body and see the movements she makes protected in me. Her small feet show when she presses them against me. I poke back at them. Then she continues.

"Hey Kat?" I hear from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Hmm?" I say.

"Everything is done, and the train is almost here. Almost done?" Peeta asks.

"Yes. I'll be out in a minute." I say.

I turn of the shower. I step out and grab a towel. I dry off and wrap it around me. I go to our bedroom and open my closet. Most things I own at this point are hardly fitting. Sometimes I make do with Peeta's old shirts. And then some things of mine. I pick out an old dress from my mother. It fits loose but a bit snug. I wear a scarf that goes past my abdomen. It hides my bump well enough. I wear leggings and and some boots. I trudge down stairs, keeping a steady hold on my stomach and the railing. Peeta greets me at the end of the stairs and offers me a hand. Daisy nudges my hand. I rustle her head.

"I have the box hidden. I'll bring it out in when everyone get settled. And I made sandwiches and things like that." Peeta says.

"Thank you." I say. "Do you think they can tell?"

"I'm not sure." Peeta says.

"Stand over there." I say. "Then look at me."

Peeta does. "Move your scarf a bit more. Then you won't be able to really notice." He says.

I move my scarf just in time. The doorbell rings and there is knocking. Daisy barks and goes to the door. Peet and I answer it. We invite our close friends and family inside. We greet each other and then invite them into the kitchen for lunch. We all catch up with each other. I make the chatter stop.

"Alright, so we didn't just invite you all over for lunch. We have more important things to share." I say.

"If you'll grab a cupcake and follow us, we'll explain." Peeta says.

Everyone confusingly follows our instructions. I can't keep the smile off my face. I get the cards and hand them to the correct people who will receive their new titles.

"Wait.. are you?" They ask in shock.

I look at Peeta and my smile grows wider. I take off my scarf. Gasps are let out and then excitement fills the house. Peeta brings out the reveal box filled with balloons.

"And we are having..." I say.

I pull the string to open the box. Pink balloons fall to the floor. More excitement comes and love and happiness. Effie can hardly keep it together, along with my mother. Haymitch is keeping it to a minimal excitement level, but I know he is happy. Cressida, Annie, and Aleree are excited for me and asking me all sorts of questions. Johanna is her sarcastic and playful self. Joking that it's finally happened and congratulates Peeta for the "accomplishment" he made with me, but she is still happy. And Gale.. I can read him clearly. He's happy, yet in a way not. He plays the part that he is for everyone here. I can't bring it up now. I'll have to wait. But for now he is happy for the sake of everyone here. He doesn't want to ruin the moment of my happiness. He is my best friend. And he doesn't want to hurt me. The rest of the day is spent with talking about what names we have, or the color of the nursery, or when a baby shower will be held. Mainly talking with me. I leave them to go get more tea. I stay quiet when I see Gale talking with Peeta. They don't notice me. I fill my cup and drink, but make it staled.

"How did you manage to convince her?" Gale asks.

"I never pressed her for kids." Peeta says. "Even though she knew I wanted them very much. But I guess with the passing days.. I think I made her feel a little bit happier and a little bit safer. Until there came a time when she could think of nothing else but to bring a child into the world with me, I guess. Then she finally realised that she wasn't going to have to protect the child alone. That I'd was going to be with her all the way."

"You've really brought her back to life." Gale says.

"Yeah... I guess I did." He says.

"Especially since she was never going to have kids in the first place." Gale says.

I feel my heart sink. I leave the kitchen before they catch on that I was there and listening. I sit back down on the couch next to my mother. She notices my hurt eyes.

"What's wrong Katniss?" She asks me.

I shake my head. "Nothing. Probably the hormones again." I say and try to keep myself from crying.

I never truly realized the amount of care Gale had towards me. After all these years. We hunted, fought in a war, cared for each others family. I was blind to not see the love there. And now a big fear is growing. A wedge that will be put between us again. All because of the child I carry. And it may tear us apart when she arrives. Which I can't stand to think about. And even bear. But I keep that in. For now at least. I am supposed to be celebrating the upcoming arrival of my daughter. So that is what I focus on. She moves a lot because of all the energy in the room. Which is quite irritating, since she won't leave my bladder alone. Everyone is amazed at the feeling and sight of the small kicks and feet. Which to me just seem normal. Everyone leaves us with happy wishes and wants us to update them all. And we promise we will. And then the night it left for just Peeta, our daughter, Me and Daisy. 

YAAY!! SO CUTE RIGHT!?! Plz vote and comment what you think! ^~^❤❤❤❤❤ I do plan to mend the relationship with Gale and Katniss. Just in a different way than most would think. But it'll be all good! And there may or may not be plot twists up ahead!! *EVIL LAUGH* But it all work out! I do them for a reason. Not just to be mean. Kk So BYYEEE!! Thanks for reading! Lots of Love! Also, a lot of this book is being supported and helped by  

So go follow her! She is amazing!! 

BYE!!! 

-zeffie