Part 7: Take Me Into Your Loving Arms

Katniss's P.O.V.

I hear barking and screams. The barking is from Daisy, and the screams from me.. and Peeta.

"Peeta!!" I scream.

"Katniss!!" He screams.

I sit up fast and so does he. We are both covered in sweat and tears streaming down our faces. I move closer to him and hug him tight. We cry on each other. We both shake and tremble in each others arms. I cling to him for dear life and he does the same to me. My hands get sour from how deep they are clinging. My skin hurts. But I don't want him to let me go. He doesn't either. I can't. Not yet. Not until we are okay. Daisy is curled around us and whimpering and whining. She runs her head along the side of me and licking my stomach. I don't even remember when I fall asleep.

~

I wake up heat on my skin, but safe in loving arms. I don't want to move at all. I just want to stay with him. My heart is so broken and scared. Confused.. nervous, anxious. Beating a million miles out of my chest. Which I know will not be good in the long run for Aster. I try to calm down so I don't bring on real contractions. Peeta's face is stuck in a petrified look. His face has dried tears all over and some fresh ones are falling. I touch my hand to his face and wipe away the fresh tears. His eyes shot open and stare into mine. They are just as red and puffy and hurt. No words are exchanged between us. Just looks. I don't dare say a word. So we just keep each other close. The phone rings. We don't pick it up. Then Haymitch leaves a message.

"Just checking in on you kids. Think you nearly woke up Panem last night. Let me know you guys are okay, alright? You nearly gave me a heart attack."

The sun comes through the curtains and lights up our room. My back is hit with chills. Peeta sees me shiver. He tries to get up but I pull him back down to me and get close to him. I don't want him to leave. Not even for a second. He pulls the covers up to my ears and keeps me close. His heart beating calms me more a bit. But worries me since it is faster than my own. But it is still not the time for words. And won't be for a while.

~

Peeta's P.O.V.

Neither Katniss nor I have said a word to each other since last night when we woke up screaming for each other. I woke up to her touch and that sent me back to the nightmare. And I thought it wasn't a dream.. but real life. That I had killed her and Aster. We haven't left each others grasps. One of my hands is under her cheek, rubbing it soothingly. The other wraps around her and rests on her stomach. Both of her arms are tightly around me. They dig deep into my skin. Which I don't care. As long as I still have her touch..the pain won't matter. I never want to lose them. My girls... And I won't let my demons do it.

"Peeta..?" I hear her hoarsely ask. She sounds like a ghost.

"Yes?" I say.

"Don't let him take you away. Don't let that happen." she says voice breaking.

"I never will.. I swear to you Katniss. I'll fight for you. Both of you." I say.

She holds onto me tighter and buries herself into me. We don't move from this tight embrace all day.

~ Few Days Later ~

Katniss's P.O.V.

"Good morning, you two." Peeta whispers softly and sweetly in my ear, kissing my cheek.

I slowly let my eyes flutter open. I look up and see the face of the one I love most looking down upon me. I curl up deeper into the covers and close my eyes again.

"Hey.. we gotta get up, Katniss. We have to be somewhere soon." Peeta says and rubs my shoulder.

I groan and move. I haven't left bed at all since the joined nightmare we had. Or spoken much either. I'm still too terrified to. And Peeta understands. So he lets me be.