Part 10: Together Forever

~ 3 Months Later ~

Katniss's P.O.V.

I finally get Aster in something she won't cry about wearing. We have had so many things sent to us. By our family, friends, even President Paylor. We aren't accepting anything from the public. But they do know that Aster is Aster. She has grown to be quite the little cutie pie, but a diva. Peeta says she gets that from me. But he can be sweet and a diva too. So I blame him. Aster bounces around in cot in the kitchen as I wash her bottles. Apollo and Daisy keep a close eye on her. They have grown to love her so much. They are all inseparable. They aren't rough on her. They are quite gentle. And they protect her like she is their's. Daisy did love her when she was inside of me. And now her baby loves mine. I hear her giggle and coo. She reaches for me.

"You want to be held, huh?" I ask her and finish drying a plate.

I uses her hands and makes fists at me and giggles. I put the plates away and then go pick her up. I balance her on my right hip and walk around with her.

"How are you, sweet girl? Are you hungry?" I ask.

She grabs my hair and gives it a nice pull. "Hey, that's attached to me. Don't do that." I say and make her let go.

She giggles wildly. I place one of my fingers on her nose. "You silly girl. Hair isn't for pulling." I say sweetly.

The phone starts to ring. I go and pick it up. I balance it between my ear and shoulder.

"Hello?"

"Is this my loving wife?"

"Yes, it is. What's up?"

"Could you and Flower meet me in town in an hour? I want to spend time with you. Since we hardly do, with me working and all."

"Of course we will. I'll get us both ready."

"I'll see you then, you lovely girls."

"Bye, Peeta. Love you."

I hang up the phone.

"You hear that, we're going to see daddy in a bit." I say.

She cooed and giggled a bit. "You do love your daddy." I say and kiss her head. "Well so do I."

I take her to my room and set her in her bouncer. I leave to get myself ready. I take a shower and then braid my hair. I wear a white sundress with flowers. I have a big hat that is white and some boots. I go and get everything for Aster and put it in her diaper bag. Clothes, diapers, bottles, pacifiers, her stuffed animal, her blanket. Quite a haul I carry everywhere. I pick her up and take her back downstairs. I then strap her in her stroller. 

"Apollo, want to come boy?" I ask him

"Apollo, want to come boy?" I ask him. "How about you, Dais?"

I go and grab their leashes and then hook them on around their collars. Then the whole "Mellark Train" heads out the door.

~

The walk into town is very nice. Everyone here is 12 loves my family. They can't get enough of Aster. And the ones we sold Daisy's puppies to love us a lot. We make it to the meadow. I see Peeta by the willow tree setting up a picnic. I let Apollo and Daisy off the leash. The run and bark at Peeta. I let him try to fend the dogs off. He sees me enjoying his situation. I go and give him a hand.

"Hello, you." I say.

"Not funny, Kat." He says.

"They miss you. You're gone practically all day." I say trying to be innocent.

He rolls his eyes and sighs. But he grows a smile. He hugs me and kisses me.

"Why did you want us here today?" I question.

"Well.. sit down and I'll explain." He says.

Aster is making all sorts of noise in her stroller. I unstrap her and pick her up. I set her on the blanket with us. She crawls around on it, and I keep a close eye while Peeta and I enjoy our afternoon.

"I got us a picnic." Peeta says and grabs the basket.

"Quite a bit more than a picnic." I say and laugh.

"Well.. then it's a meal." He says with a smile.

I enjoy the sandwich and fresh cherries and strawberries. The lemonade is refreshing.

"Now.. for the explanation, Miss Nosy." Peeta says and finishes his lunch.

He grabs a bag with tissue paper in it. "Happy anniversary, Katniss." he says with a smile.

My mind has been shot since having a baby. How could I forget.

"Thank you, Peeta. I'm so sorry.. with life and Aster..." I say.

"Hey, don't fret. I don't really need much." He says with a sweet smile. "Just open it."

I take the paper out. I get the contents out.

I gasp at them. "Oh, Peeta..."

He got a heart warming plaque of how long we've been together. I pick out one of the two small boxes. I open one. Inside I find a necklace with a charm. It has engraved on it dandelions and then a sweet saying, "You were my wish." I get the other box and find a beautiful ring inside. It is a pearl with lovely stones.

"Wanted to give you things that mean a lot for us." He says.

I look at him with happy tears in my eyes. I hug him and kiss him.

"Thank you so much. "I love you." I say.

"I love you too." he says. "Can I ask you now that it's been a while?"

I know what he wants to ask. Children. I see Aster in the corner of my eye. She has a handful of grass in her hand. She' smiling and giggling and Apollo and Daisy are playing near her.

"Ask me on her birthday." I say. "I just need more time to think. But I do want them, Peeta. I do."

"I can wait, Katniss. I don't want to pressure you." He says and kisses me.

"It will happen again. I promise. Sooner than later." I say.