Part 9: Home Is Where The Heart Is

~1 Month Later ~

Katniss's P.O.V

Today is the day that my long wait is over. Aster gets to come home with us. We have been here until she was strong enough, like normal babies. Peeta and I have fallen even more in love with Aster. She is the sweetest thing. She's gained enough weight and can breathe properly and her heart is stronger now. Which I am so happy about. I was so worried when I saw her after she was born. But luckily time gave her the strength she needs. Her hair and eyes have come in full. To my wishes, she has Peeta's beautiful eyes. She is so beautiful. I love every bit of her. 

I can't wait to take her home and raise her with Peeta

I can't wait to take her home and raise her with Peeta. Even though this whole topic of "Parenthood" seems hard, and scary. But, we'll figure this out. And my Mother has been a mother before. Luckily she lives next door to Peeta and I. So we can call her or she can come over if things get rough. Effie managed to find us a way home in privacy. One of the Tribute Trains will get us to 12. And they have barricades and guards down in the street to make sure things don't get out of hand. I finish strapping Aster into her seat and cover it with a blanket. The world doesn't know that Aster is a girl. So we have to keep things less revealing. The blanket is black and white striped. It would suit a boy or a girl. I give her a pacifier and she slowly falls asleep. I kiss her little nose.

"I signed all the paperwork, Katniss." I hear Peeta say from behind me. "They have instructions for us too."

"Alright." I say and pick up the carrier.

"Ready to go home?" He asks and kisses me.

"Very much so." I say with a smile.

"Then let's go home. All of us." Peeta says and smiles.

~

Peeta's P.O.V

The train comes to 12 finally. Luckily for us, mother nature has made people stay indoors and not bug us. It is snowing pretty hard. And there was already about three inches of snow in the first place. A car with tinted windows is waiting for us. I put on my hood up and take a hold of Katniss. We brace the cold and get in the car. It drives us to our house. The lights are on the inside. I just assume it is Liza still taking care of Daisy still. Katniss gets Aster and I get our bags. We go to the door. I pull the keys and unlock the door. And upon entering, we were met with a great surprise of family.

"Welcome home!" They say with smiles.

Gale and Aleree, Liza, Haymitch, Hazelle, Vick, Posy, Delly, Dallan and Luke, and of course Daisy are all here. They offer us all the help. And we gladly take it. They all want to see Aster. Katniss sits down in the living room and reveals our daughter. They all, "ooh and aww" how cute she is. How she has my nose, and eyes. And Katniss's hair and ears. congratulate us and are so happy for us. They have set up a Christmas for us, since we never had one. Most of the things are to help us get started with parenthood. But then nice things for us to enjoy. New cooking things for me, warmer boots and coat for Katniss while hunting, brand new set of arrows and a bow, brand new paint and canvases for me. Things we both needed, but aren't sure we'll find the time to use. But they will be much appreciated when and if we can use them. They let us be at home for the first time in a month, and give us their love. And they tell us if we need help with anything, do not hesitate. Katniss puts a tuckered out Aster to bed in her nursery. Then she joins me in our room. Liza had all but one of Daisy's puppies sold. And he sure is cute. Nothing compared to Aster, but he's cute. He and Daisy take Katniss's spot.

"You two better move when she comes." I say and pet them.

Just then Katniss walks inside, looking drained. "When she wakes up, you're up." She says with a yawn.

"I'm on it, Kat." I say with a smile.

She sits down and the dogs jump down. They come back to the end of the bed. Katniss snuggles close to me. I take her into my arms and kiss her temple.

"This is going to be a fun ride." She says with a small laugh.

"Yes, it will. But I have you and all of them." I say.

"Well, they'll know better than us. Let's hope we can help and they can too." She says.

"They will. And if not, we can figure this out." I say.

"We better. Cause if not, I can't carry anymore of your children." She says and rolls over.

"What do you mean? Of course you will. You love Aster, and you'll love another." I say.

She laughs a little. "I do love that girl. But I did not love carrying something inside of me for nine months and growing cranky, fat, nauseous, hungry, tired, moody and all that jazz you had to help me and I had to go through. Ask me again in another ten years." She says.

"Ten? Oh, come on. It will not be ten years." I say.

"Try me. And no funny business until she turns ten." She says.

I sigh a dramatic sigh. Then kiss her shoulder and wrap my arms around her.

"I love you." I say softly.

"Love you too, Peeta." She says. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Katniss." I say.

"I'll be needing help around here, you know. I'm still not all healed up. And with what is to come.. Stay with me?" she says.

"Always." I say. 

AWW!!! SO CUTE, RIGHT!!??! ASTER IS WELL AND SO CUTE!!! THX FOR READING! PLZ VOTE AND COMMENT, I REALLY NEED IDEAS AN OPINIONS!!! LOTS OF LOVE TO ALL YALL! I'LL TRY TO GET THE NEXT CHAPTER LONGER, K?!! ❤❤❤❤❤

-ZEFFIE