Seven

Serena was really worried about her daughter. She was worried that forcing herself to be happy would make her depressed again. All that faking can really take a toll on a person. Let alone one like Olivia.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Serena asked Amanda. Amanda looked up from her desk and eyed her mother-in-law.

"I'm working. Why are you here?" Amanda asked as she grew worried. She was wondering if maybe her wife was hurt or something and that is why Serena was there.

"Olivia is fine. So don't worry about that. But I'm kinda worried about her."

"Why?" Amanda sighed softly.

"She said that she's forcing her happiness."

"Huh?" Amanda asked, her voice full of confusion.

"She wants the kids, Amanda. Can't you at least-"

"I wanted to stay in Manhattan, Serena. I wanted to start working there and get an apartment. But then we started to fight over having to get a house because the kids couldn't share one room. I didn't want to have to buy a house just for the kids to not be over more than two times a month."

"Amanda..." Serena frowned.

"I know you care about us and all... but this is something that needs to stay between me and my wife. I don't want to drag everyone in and have people take sides. Okay?" Amanda spoke.

"Okay... just think about what I said."

"You literally just told me what my wife told you... but okay."

///

Olivia was making dinner for her wife when she got home. Amanda quietly walked in but didn't go straight to see her wife like she usually does.

"Amanda?" Olivia questioned, as she moved from the kitchen and into the hallway where Amanda was slipping her boots off.

"Hey, babe. How are you?" Amanda asked with a small sigh.

"I'm okay... just confused why you didn't come and see me right away..." Olivia frowned softly.

"Are you talking to your mother about our marriage?" Amanda asked, and Olivia nodded.

"I am... but I'm allowed to talk about our marriage... right?"

"I just don't like it when your mother shows up at the precinct and tells me things that I should have found out from you. Or how she thinks you want the kids. But aren't taking them because of me."

"Well..." Olivia trailed off.

"Are you kidding me?!" Amanda exclaimed.

"Amanda, I love you more than anything else in this world... and I would do anything for you. So if that means I have to drop the custody case, then that's what I did. We are back here and this is our home. If you want to move to Manhattan, I guess I'll follow because I'm pregnant and I want our child to love us both and know us both."

"Olivia, Lou will make our lives a living hell if we get those kids. Everything will be so messy. We will never get a day with the kids without paying a price. Or without our relationship breaking apart."

"Amanda-"

"Olivia, eventually you'll see those kids again. Either in a year or when they are older. Mathias has got to remember just a bit of you because you were his mother. You took care of him and loved him."

"Amanda," Olivia whispered.

"I know that you don't want to give up completely, and you don't have too... you just need to give custody up and be ready for an adult relationship with the kids when they are older and ready. Okay? Is that okay, baby?" Amanda breathed, as Olivia started to cry. Olivia nodded slowly as she was quickly wrapped in her wife's arms.

"I'm sorry," Olivia whispered.

"It's okay, Livvie... no need to apologize. I'm just glad that you are ready to move forward and not backward."

"Can we stay here?" Olivia questioned.

"I like the heat. Especially when you come inside after a long day outside..." Amanda trailed off as her wife blushed.

"Shut up... I'm going to burn dinner if I don't go back in there. Go get changed and meet me in the kitchen in ten minutes. I love you."

"I love you too, Liv. With all of my heart."

///

Without the stress of fighting about the kids, Amanda and Olivia focused on themselves and their small family. Olivia was doing great through her pregnancy, and Amanda loved how Olivia was growing their child. They couldn't wait to be moms, and it was amazing to watch from the outside. Both were so happy.

"Listen to that heartbeat!" Amanda smiled, as she and her wife sat in their living room together. Olivia had gotten a video of her sonogram that day, and now they were sitting together and getting ready to find out the gender of their baby.

"It's so strong. The baby was moving around like crazy today, and I can actually feel it." Olivia smiled. She was settled back against the back of the couch, her hands pressed against her belly. Amanda had her hand placed against one of Olivia's as they waited to find out what their baby was.

"This is beyond amazing." Amanda smiled softly, before leaning close and pressing a firm kiss to Olivia's cheek. Olivia moved to kiss her wife, but they both stopped when the screen changed.

"Oh my god," Olivia whispered as tears ran down her cheeks.

"We were both wrong." Amanda laughed, before holding her wife close and showering her in kisses.

"A girl." Olivia sobbed as she held to her wife.

"She's going to be spoiled rotten... I cannot wait to meet her." Amanda smiled.

"But what are we going to name her? We only had boy names picked out... but a few were gender-neutral."

"What about Hunter? I think that it's a very cute name." Amanda smiled. Olivia looked down at her stomach for a moment before nodding.

"Hunter... Hunter Louise Houston-Rollins." Olivia smiled, finishing off their daughter's name. She had wanted to use her middle name, but she decided that Amanda's was cuter.

"Really? My middle name?" Amanda chuckled.

"Hey, I like it... actually I love your middle name. So deal with it. Hunter Louise will always be stuck with a part you."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D