Eighteen

Everyone decided that even if Theodore's name was cute, he ended up being called Teddy within a week of his name and gender reveal. Everyone was excited to meet him, and the weeks couldn't go fast enough. All they wanted was to meet Teddy and to see what he'd look like. Olivia and Amanda knew a decent amount about their donor, but they didn't know if Teddy would take after Olivia more or the donor.

"Alright, so I was wondering if we could start Teddy's room this weekend," Olivia spoke, as she and her wife walked through the grocery store together. They avoided the stores on Friday and the weekends because those were the only days that Amanda had enough time to spend with her wife and daughter.

"We have nothing for his room, Olivia. We don't have a crib, paint, a changing table. We haven't even decided if we wanted to carpet his room or just get a rug like in Hunter's room." Amanda spoke, as she reached across her wife to grab some sugary cereal that she only had the stomach for.

"I don't care, Mandy! I can get the furniture that we need, and Hunter can help! Please, babe... I want to get his room done. I'm 26 weeks pregnant, and these last weeks will go so fast." Olivia whined. Amanda looked at her wife for a moment before reaching out and gently running her fingers over her swell.

"Okay, darling... but don't overdo it. Give me a list and I'll pick up some things tomorrow after work. Okay?"

"Okay." Olivia grinned. She leaned close and kissed her wife a few times, before moving to hug her. But then someone cleared their throat and Amanda turned and looked at the stranger.

"Are we in your way?" She asked, but the old woman just shook her head.

"That's disgusting." She grumbled, and Olivia looked at her in confusion, before realizing what was happening.

"Love is love, ma'am. Get used to it." Amanda smirked, before placing her hand to Olivia's ass and smiled. They moved forward, and Olivia looked over at Amanda as tears welled in her eyes.

"Why do random people have to give us their opinion..." She sniffled.

"Because people think that we give a fuck about what they think. But we don't, darling. We are a legally married couple. We have a daughter and a son who will be making his appearance soon. They don't matter. What they say is dumb, and we don't give a fuck about it. Okay?"

"Okay..." Olivia whispered.

///

Olivia made a list that night for what her wife had to get for Teddy's nursery. Then the next morning, Olivia asked Jenni to join her and Hunter to pick out furniture for Teddy's room. Harrison joined them, and he happily sat beside Hunter in the cart and babbled to her.

"Hey, so you seem quiet," Jenni spoke, as Olivia ran her hand over a cherry-stained crib. Hunter's crib was white with lavender accents, but this one was just plain cherry colored which seemed more boyish to Olivia. 

"Uh, I'm just trying to focus," Olivia replied, as she stopped for a moment and held her stomach for a while as Teddy shift and kicked around.

"Liv, did something happen? Because the last time I saw you like this, a group of people was protesting against gay marriage outside of the courthouse." Jenni spoke. Olivia turned around slowly as tears welled in her eyes.

"An old woman told us that Mandy and I were disgusting last night at the grocery store. She saw Amanda touch my belly and kiss me." Olivia breathed.

"People need to fuck off-"

"Jenni, they have a right to their opinion... but I just wish that they wouldn't say it to my face. I'm hormonal and all I wanted to do was get groceries so then we could stay home this weekend. It's not that much to ask." Olivia frowned.

"In the end, we all love you." Jenni grinned, before hugging Olivia tightly. Olivia nodded slowly before forcing a smile.

"We love you all too." Olivia breathed.

They moved forward and Olivia pulled off a few of the special tags so they could scan them upfront so she could order the crib, glider, and changing table.

Once those were taken off, Olivia and Jenni moved to look at baby clothes. Olivia found way too many cute boy outfits, and she knew she'd be spending a ton of money on her little Teddy.

But as she was pushing a few pairs of pajamas out of her way, her phone rang. She reaching into the pocket of her sweatshirt before answering it.

"Olivia Rollins," Olivia spoke since she had dropped the Houston when she answered her phone.

"Liv, it's Liam."

"Hey, bud. How is everything happening out in Phoneix?" Olivia asked as she looked over to see as Jenni let Hunter look at all of the stuffed animals.

"Uh, not great, Liv." Liam breathed. Olivia stopped her browsing before focusing on her conversation.

"What's happening? Liam, I know that I only talk to you... but should I come there?"

"Lena is in early labor, Liv. Mom is freaking out and doesn't know what to do. Lena is only 24 weeks pregnant... the baby more than likely won't make it if they can't stop the labor... Liv, it's a mess here." Liam sniffled. Olivia stopped moving altogether as tears welled in her eyes.

"Do you want me to come home?" Olivia breathed.

"I want you here, Liv... but I feel like Lena will think you are rubbing your pregnancy in her face if she loses her baby... just pray for her. Okay?"

"Of course, Liam. I promise... uh, can I do anything?"

"I wish that Mom and Lena would lay off so that you could be here with us... how is your daughter?" Liam asked.

"Hunter?" Olivia asked, knowing that her brother just wanted to get off the topic of their sister losing her baby.

"No. The one you haven't met yet." He breathed.

"Liam, I'm having a son. We are naming him Theodore David... Teddy for short." Olivia whispered.

"Teddy... I love that Liv. Uh, Lena is having a girl. She wanted a boy so she could name him Dwayne, but instead, she's having a girl and her name is gonna be Rena."

"Liam, everything will be okay. Lena is strong."

"I wish I could trust you, Olivia... but I can't trust your word right now."

Hey guys, thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below.