Chapter Twenty-Three

I'm sitting in the passenger seat when Collin gets in my car. I'm tired and I'm actually glad he demanded to drive me home.

He pulls out and starts driving somewhere, I can't really tell where we are or where we're going, I have my head laid against the window watching it begin to rain.

I pull out my phone to check my messages, only to see that I have none. Not even form Bailey wondering when we can talk again.

"Wait, I thought you said you couldn't drive a manual?" I raise my head up, remembering what he told me earlier.

"I lied. I wanted you to teach me. I've been driving one since high school." He never takes his eyes off the road.

His eyes flash with every light we pass. He takes his hat off to rub his head, only to place the hat back where it started. He looks very handsome- hot even. But maybe it's the drinks talking and not me.

He looks at me and half grins, showing his teeth only slightly.

Nope. It's not the drinks talking.

I laugh. "How sweet of you," I mock.

A couple of minutes later, we're parked outside of my dorm building.

"It's pouring the rain," He says, staring out the window.

"Yeah, so?" I say as I gather my things to get out.

"I can walk you to your room, if you want?" He asks.

"No, I think you've done enough for me today, thank you." 

"Do you like that boy or something? The one you're always with?" He says.

I'm taken back by his question. 

"What?" Half of me is wondering if he's talking about Clark or Link.

"I'm just wondering. Your asshole of an ex-boyfriend was one thing, but I can tell you like being around this guy."

He's talking about Link.

"In my defense, you barely know me." I grin.

But he doesn't. He just looks at his hands rubbing across his jeans. He is-- dare I say-- nervous.

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk you to your room?" He breaks the silence.

"I'm sure, but if you're going back to your house, can you tell Clark where I am?"

I  open my door and run across the wet grass to the building.

When I get inside of the door, I look out to see him walking to his truck parked on the opposite end of the parking lot, his head toward the ground to block some of the rain.

I get inside my room completely drenched. Jade left a note on my bed saying she was at a friends house tonight and not to worry, this friend was single. I smile at her words at the end.

I change clothes and grab my laptop to begin my journal assignment.

Right as I type the title, someone knocks at my door. 

I get up and pace across the floor to open it, when I see Collin. He's completely soaked.

His brown curls are dripping water and his hat is shimmering from the rain soaked into it. His flannel is gone, revealing the tattoos on his arms again.

"Is everything okay?" I ask him, looking him up and down.

I completely caught off guard when his hands take my face and he kisses me.