Chapter Fifty-Two

I'm woken up by the sun hitting my face. I'm exhausted and I'm sure I look the part, as well.

When I raise up I notice that my clock says twelve. Great, I missed my only class for the day. I'm a week ahead with the work, but I still want to go and not chance missing anything important.

I make a mental note to email my teacher later.

"Good morning."

I nearly jump out of my skin when I hear the voice of someone else in my room. I forgot Link spent the night.

"Uh- good morning." I rub my eyes.

"Did you sleep okay?" He is fully dressed and laying across the other bed.

"Yeah, it was fine."

I don't want to say to much, because it's already weird that he slept in my room. I was fine with it last night but this morning its rubbing me a little funny.

"Do you want to go get something to eat? I would say breakfast, but I think it's a little late for that," he says as he grins.

"Actually, that sounds great. Let me change real fast."

He steps into the hallway long enough for me to put on some shorts and a t-shirt. I don't take much pride in my appearance here recently.

I throw on a little makeup and put my hair into a ponytail. When I step into the hallway, Link is nowhere to be found.

"Link?" I say down the hall.

"Link? Where did you go?" I'm sure he stepped outside.

I walk down the stairs until I see him sitting on a bench in front of the building.

The air is hot already. Why did I decide to go to school in Florida, of all places?

"I thought I lost you," I joke as I step in front of the bench.

"Your boyfriend didn't seem to happy to see me step out of your room this morning," he says as he stands.

"What?" My boyfriend? Even without him saying anything, I know exactly who he's referring to.

"Yeah, the same guy who threatened me at the football game. I don't know why you keep hanging out with him, but I don't think it's a good idea."

I want to know everything. "What happened?"

"He was sitting in the hall when I stepped out. He didn't give me a chance to explain before he knocked me into the wall and told me that if he ever seen me around you again, he would 'make sure it was the last thing I did'...."

I can't believe this. 

"...he promised me that the only reason he was letting me off today was because there were so many people around."

"I'm so sorry, Link. I've decided to stop hanging out with him."

Did I? I don't know, but it sounds right.

"Good. I don't trust him."

But for some reason, I do.

We eat at t little shop right in the middle of campus. At this time its almost four thirty and we have been hanging out all day. I have two classes tomorrow, so I really should study for a while.

"Thanks for the day, but I think I should go home and study," I say to him as my building comes into view.

"I understand, but promise me that we'll hangout again really soon."

My heart kind of flutters when I hear this. "Yeah, okay."

We say our goodbye's and he watches me walk into my dorm building.

When I get into my room, I see that Jade must of came and left. Her pile of clothes beside of the bed has gotten smaller, meaning she's gone for the night- again.

I'm used to not having a room mate, but I would really like to at least seen her for little bit to know who I'm sharing a room with.