X

By around 12:30, the boys were completely knocked out. Dustin and Lucas were sprawled across the floor, and Will and Mike were laying suspiciously close to each other by one of the couches. That left just the bigger couch for the girls to sleep on, but they weren't tired at all. Suddenly, Max had an idea.
"Grab a blanket and some cushions and come with me!" she whispered to Jane.
"What? Why?" the brunette replied, confused.
"Just trust me! Karen and the rest of Mikes family will be fast asleep, nobody's gonna hear us!" Despite being nervous, Jane followed the redheads orders and trailed behind her as they made their way to the kitchen and eventually out of the back door. Since she had known Mike a while, Max knew how to get out without making a sound.
"Here, pass me the blanket and cushions." the freckled teen said as Jane did as she was told. Laying the pillows on top of the blanket, Max sat down and patted the spot next to her. Jane walked over, still confused, and laid beside the girl.
"Look" Max whispered softly, pointing up to the sky. Following the girls finger, Jane gazed up to see hundreds of small stars glistening in the sky, scattered in all sorts of patterns. Although they were pretty, the older girl couldn't distract herself from how cold it was and began to shiver a little. Noticing this, the ocean eyed teen extended her arm and pulled the other teen closer, letting her head rest in the crook of Max's neck. Gazing upwards, the fiery haired girl pointed out a constellation.
"That ones Perseus," she whispered, "Oh and that one over there is Lupus." Max continued to tell Jane which ones where which, Jane asking numerous questions about each one. After a while, Max noticed Jane start to yawn. Squeezing her thigh, the redhead sat up.
"Come on, let's get you inside." she smiled, picking up some cushions in one hand and holding the tanned girls hand in her other.

Leading her back inside, they put one of the pillows on the couch before Max laid down. Standing nervously, Jane went to go find a spot on the floor until she heard Max giggle. Turning around, she looked at her confused.
"What?" she asked not being able to contain a smile. 'God, Max's laugh is the most adorable thing ever' she thought to herself.
"You think I'm letting you sleep on the floor?" she snickered as Jane blushed, "There's room for both of us." Janes heart began to race as she realised what Max meant.
"I- Uh- Ok" she stuttered. Max suddenly felt embarrassed.
"But you can just have it on your own if you want, I just-" Max began.
"No, I don't mind if you don't" Jane smiled, walking over to join the girl. Laying down next to her, she felt her cheeks go even redder, thank God it was dark.
"I had fun tonight. Like, real fun. Thanks for letting me be part of your guys' group." Jane said after a few minutes of silence.
"It's ok. I'm glad you had fun, I did too." Max answered, she too now blushing.
"Uh, Max? There's kinda one more thing, but I don't wanna be awkward." Jane whispered quietly.
"Yea?" Max replied, a little too eagerly.
"Um, I usually sleep on my other side, if that's ok."
"Yea sure, I don't mind." the blue eyed girl said. Turning over, Jane met the redheads eyes. Every part of their body's were touching, just like that time in the corridors. But this time, Jane wasn't as nervous. It was like she'd had a sudden boost of confidence. Cautiously, she intertwined her legs with Max's, as the younger teen wrapped her arms around Jane and pulled her closer ( if that was even possible). Once they were comfy, Jane let out a sigh and mumbled,
"Goodnight Maxie" Max's beamed as she replied,
"Goodnight" planting a kiss on the girls forehead. They both fell asleep with different thoughts in their heads. While Max was thinking 'how did I get so lucky?', Jane was left thinking 'well I'm one damn good liar'.

( if y'all don't get it, she doesn't actually sleep on her other side, she just wanted to cuddle Max. I just added it in because I thought it was hella cute, also skip to morning lols)

Waking up first, Will groaned as he rolled onto his back. He hadn't even opened his eyes yet and he already wanted to go back to sleep. Laying there for a while, he let himself adjust before opening his eyes and sitting up. The floor was littered with candy wrappers and crisp packets, with Dustin and Lucas practically drowning in them.

Rolling his eyes at the two snoring boys sprawled our across the floor, he noticed the TV still switched on. Getting up to turn it off, he was pulled back down by something, Turning to see what it was, he saw his hand interlocked with Mikes, who was laying right beside where Will had been sleeping. 'It was probably just an accident' he thought. Feeling his face turning red, he slowly removed his hand from the freckled boys own, and carefully tiptoed his way over to the television l, careful not to wake Dustin and Lucas. On his way past the couch, he felt a hand brush his leg and turned to see it was Janes hand hanging off the edge. Looking at the girl, he saw she was laying on her stomach fast asleep. Smiling, he began to wonder where Max was. That was until he saw her laying underneath Jane, her arms wrapped around the girls waist and legs intertwined.
"Ohhh.. shit Madmax!" he whispered, trying not to giggle.  After looking at the two girls for a minute, he went and turned the TV off, before laying back down next to Mike. He didn't plan on going back to sleep, so instead he just admired the older teen. Suddenly, he felt a hand interlock with his, and realised it was Mikes. Even though he told himself it was just an accident, deep down he really hoped it wasn't.