Devastation & Promises

Published: 1.25.20

  When I became of age, I was devastated to find out that I was an Omega.

I thought Jihyun would be disappointed in me.

I'm the older brother, I should be the one setting an example for him.

But instead, I was born to be nothing but a breeding doll. I've heard of the stories of the treatment that Omegas get.

I hid my presentation from everyone as I locked myself in my room and drowned myself in silent tears.

Jihyun found out and came to my door asking what was wrong.

Apparently his sub-gender gave him heightened senses, including his hearing and sense of smell.

He heard sniffles coming from my room as well as the scent of distress.

I didn't want to give him a heart attack from worry, so I let him in.

When I did, his eyes seemed to flash a dark red. His eyes glowed for a split second before returning to normal.

He had a look of shock on his face before closing the door behind him.

I felt afraid.

I felt like he knew somehow.

I was so terrified of what his reaction would be, what he would do, that I fell to my knees in tears.

My legs were pulled to my chest and my head was buried between them.

I was on the verge of a panic attack when I smelt a calming scent.

When I felt him hugging me close to his chest, I looked up to see his eyes as that same glowing red from before, but instead of it seeming intimidating like the last time, it felt.. gentle, and warm.

I didn't know why, but all I wanted was to bury my face in his neck. I later found out that he was releasing calming pheromones from his scent gland as a response to my distress.

The rest of the night was spent with my nose buried in his scent gland as he promised me.

Promised that he still loved and looked up to me.

Promised to never treat me differently because of my gender and look down on me for it.

And especially, promised to protect me from any harm.

I believed him. I still do of course, but...

He can't always be there.. no matter how hard he tries to.

387 Words