Chapter 6

Bella's POV

Harry is my friend, right? Why do I feel this pain in my chest when I think about him not being here all the time?

Why do I have this annoyed feeling when he mentions Jane? What are these feelings? I don't have feelings for Harry no way. We are just best friends.

I look in the mirror, at my puffy red eyes and nose. No wonder Harry wants to move out, I'm a damn mess.

After I cleaned myself up and showered, I check my phone. I see a missed call from Niall.

I call him back. "Hey," I said.

"Hi, I called earlier you must've been busy."

"Yeah, I was. Remember that roommate I told you about?"

"Yeah..."

"He moved out today," I explained.

"Is everything okay between you two?" He asked, shakily.

"Yeah, it was just time for change, yeah," I shrugged. "So, what did you need?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out," He said.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, when is a good time?" He asked.

"Actually, this week is not a good time at all," I admitted. "I just need time to-"

"Were you and your roommate... like... a thing?"

"No."

"Oh..." An awkward silence passed before either of us said anything.

"Well, I should go, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, bye."

Harry's POV

"So, you met someone?" Mum asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"Speak up," She said.

"Her name is Jane, she's blonde and short and shy. I really like her mum, I really like her but I'm still in love with Bella," I explained.

"Well, first of all, I don't think you should lead the poor girl on even if you really like her. I think you should wait until you get over Bella, or just tell Bella how you feel so you're being dishonest with the girl," She said.

Mum always has the best advice. "See the only problem with that is... I can't tell Bella how I feel."

Mum throws her arms up in frustration. "Well, I can't help you, honey."

"Mum, I really like Jane."

"I'm sure you do, but you can not use her for your selfish reasons."

I give her a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"Well, obviously you are using Jane to get over Bella," Mum shrugged. I gape at her.

"Mum, no, I... I'm not using her per se," I defend myself.

"Harry, you do what you feel is right, yes?"

"Yes, mum," I sighed. She smiles brightly at me and continues cooking or whatever.

I pull out my phone to see a missed call from Bella. I call her back.

"Hey," I said.

"I'm sorry, for... you know," She said.

"It's fine, don't worry about it."

"So, how's your mom?" She asked.

"She's fine, that reminds me, she wants to invite you to dinner tomorrow," I said, nervously.