Chapter 9

I woke up to a big white pillow into my face. My eyes flutter open and I look around for Jane.

When I hear a squeal from the in the kitchen I know she's still alive. I get out of bed not bothering to pull on a shirt. I don't even remember taking off my shirt in the first place.

I walk out into the kitchen. Jane is sitting on the counter texting on her phone.

"Good morning, sunshine," I said, and stood between her legs placing a small kiss on her lips.

"Good morning." She smiled at me then went back to her phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked, curiously.

She looked up at me. "Well, last night-" She stopped mid-sentence and stared at me.

"What?"

"I never noticed how many tattoos you had," She mumbled, tracing her fingers over my mermaid.

"Hey," I said, catching her attention. "Who are you texting?"

"Oh yeah! So, last night I took your phone and I went and got Bella's number-"

I held up my hand to silence her. "You took my phone? You fell asleep before me, though."

"Yes, but normally Idon'tsleepwell, so I went and took Bella's-"

"What do you mean you don't sleep well?" I asked, becoming serious.

"I've never been a big sleeper. Plus, I was very excited for today!" She squealed.

"Jane-"

"I was texting Bella and she seems like a very very nice girl," Jane said.

"Jane-"

"She told me all about Niall," She continued.

"Jane, I don't think this dinner is a good idea ."

"But yesterday, you said..."

I gave her an apologetic smile. "I know what I said. But I don't think it'll be good if I see Jane with another guy."

Now it was her turn to become serious. "Why would it matter? You're her best friend, you should be happy for her," Jane snapped. I'd never seen her be so serious.

"I am happy that she found someone to make her happy but I can get very protective."

Jane rolled her eyes and hopped off the counter. "You said you didn't have feelings for her." She started towards her bedroom.

"I don't, I promise," I said.

She went into her closet to get all her clothes or whatever.

"I guess I believe you," She called from in the closet. I sighed in relief, I couldn't let her find out that I didn't just have feelings Bella, I was in love with Bella.

She came out of the closet and smiled at me."Now, get ready! We're going shopping."

Bella's POV

Lucky for me, when I told Niall about what I did he was okay with it. He said he understood what I was feeling.

We talked on the phone all night. He's a very interesting guy believe it or not. He was born in Ireland. I didn't even friggin hear an accent.

I think I really like Niall but only after really speaking to him and giving him a chance.

I check the time on my phone. It's almost time to go on this double date. I'm not looking forward to meeting Jane. I'm sure she's a nice girl but...