Chapter 24

Hey dudes. or maybe ur not dudes.

***

After John told me about the two boys moving in I rushed to Niall's apartment to pack up my stuff. I wrote a note to Niall and Bella, who were mysteriously not at the apartment, to let them know I wasn't coming back.

I was so tired after putting stuff in boxes and packing clothes that I just went to sleep hoping Jane wouldn't be upset about me not coming back.

The next day I put as many boxes of stuff I could fit into my car in one drive into my car. I drove to Lerman's house with determination and went into the house.

"Jane?" I called out. I heard her call out from the kitchen. I made my way into the kitchen slightly out of breath from carrying the boxes.

"Hey," She said when she saw me. She took a sip of the beverage in her mug. "Where were you last night?"

"I was packing up last night and I just decided to sleep at Niall's place," I explained.

"Was Bella there?" Jane asked curiously.

"No, which was weird. I'll call her later but I have stuff to put in the house and I'm going back to Niall's to get the next load."

Jane nodded. I sighed wondering why she was being so distant when just last night she was fine. "Okay," She said taking another sip out of her mug.

"Hey," I said coming over to where she was seated around the counter. "What's the matter?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just wish you didn't leave last night," She admitted seeming embarrassed with herself.

"I'm sorry, baby," I said sincerely. "I won't do that again. I won't need to do that again, anyway."

She nodded. This time, satisfied with my answer. "I didn't know you were moving in."

"Yeah, your dad told me about the guys moving in and I immediately needed to come here."

Jane's face scrunched up in confusion. "What?"

"Oh, you don't know," I mumbled. "Well, ask your dad," I rushed out kissing her forehead and leaving the house.