Chapter 17

I felt the guilt flood in as soon as I slammed the door but how would that look if just busted into back into the apartment like "wait, never mind, I'm an idiot". That would make me look like an asshole and a idiot. I left to go to Louis' for the night. Of course he let me in and asked me to drink and smoke with him. I said no, I didn't need to drive back drunk. I explained that it was only temporarily.

In the morning I drove back to Jane's anxiously. But when I got there she wasn't there. So like any other boyfriend, of a pregnant woman, I began to panic. I even texted her slut of a friend, she said she didn't know where she could be. Then it hit me: she's probably at work. I drove to Fat Burger holding the wheel as tight as I could trying to control my nerves.

Finally, once I arrived, I spotted Jane working. I sighed in relief as she saw me. She didn't smile or wave, her eyes weren't bright and happy as they normally were. She looked tired, sad, and confused. I felt bad knowing I caused her to feel those emotions, unintentionally. She told one of her friends to she was going outside before coming over to me where I stood outside the restaurant. "Harry," She greeted contemptuously.

"Can we talk?"

"We're already talking," She deadpanned.

"Yes, um, well, I wanted to say sorry- for leaving yesterday. The way I did."

"You leaving like that makes me think if you'll do that when the baby gets here," She said.

"No, I wouldn't-"

"So why do it now? You're making an awful impression, you know?"

"I know, I'm sorry I-"

"Sorry, ain't gonna cut it," She snapped. "I made a decision when you left last night."

I gulped nervously. "Okay."

"I'm gonna move out of my apartment. I want to be with my mom during the pregnancy."

I gaped at her. "You can't be serious."

She smiled wistfully at me. "I am. I want to be with my family, Harry, you understand, right?"

"Jane, I don't understand, where am I supposed to go?" I asked befuddled.

"Move back with your mom for a while I don't- just give me a little goddamn space," She snapped.

"I- okay. I'll stay with Bella," I shrugged trying to come off as nonchalant.

She rolled her eyes. "Screw you," She said before walking back into Fat Burger to continue her work.

I scoffed after her moving figure as I got into my car and drove away.