Chapter 4

"Thanks for coming out with me today," I said to Jane as I drove my car.

"You're welcome," She said, shyly. She was adorable. "Where are we going?"

"If I told you that, it wouldn't be a very good surprise now would it," I teased.
She smiled and shook her head.

"I guess not."

Traffic wasn't too bad so we arrived at the arcade quickly. "Hope you like air hockey," I said to her. I got out of the car and walked around to her side to open the door for her.

"I love air hockey," She gushed, "This is so cool." She got out of the car.

"I didn't want to be cheesy and take you to a restaurant or even the café. I wanted to take you somewhere fun."

"Well, I can assure you i'll be fun," She said.

We walked into the arcade. Jane started pulling out her wallet. "What are doing?" I asked.

"Oh, I saw the food and I already want some," She blushed.

"This is kind of a date, what kind of guy would I be if I let you pay for your own food?"

She blushed again. "Sorry, I'm just not used to people being so nice to me."

"Well, get used to it, okay? I got your back," I winked.

***

Bella's POV

I woke up with terrible bed head and a horrible headache. Harry wasn't even next to me when I woke up. Must've went out with Zayn and Louis.

I get out of bed and brush my teeth and shower and all that good stuff. I walk downstairs to get some breakfast.

Maybe some toast or pancakes. Hmm, pancakes make me happy.

I checked my phone to see no texts from Harry. Hm, that's strange.

Usually, when he goes out with Zayn and Louis he texts me.

I dial his number.

"Bella?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm out right now, I can't talk though. I'll call you later."

"Just tell me where you are."

"I'm out with Jane," He sighed. Oh. Wasn't expecting that.

I ignore the tight feeling in my chest and sigh. "Well, have fun," I said, and hung up.

I can't believe he went on a date and didn't tell me. Yeah, that's what's bothering me right now. The fact that he didn't tell me.

What am I going to do all day? Oh, I know I'll hang out with Liam. I dial his number.

"Hey, Bella," He said, I could hear the smile on his face.

"Hey," I said. "I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to hang out today."
I heard some shuffling in the background. "Um, we could. But it'd be best if you came to my apartment."

"Okay, whatever works."

"Great, I'll see you then."

"Bye," I said.

I rush upstairs. Since it's cold out I pull on a nice black knee length dress and tights with black ankle boots. I don't really have to worry about my hair around Liam he doesn't care, so I pull my curly brown hair into a messy bun.

The finishing touch... my favorite nerd glasses.

I smile at myself in the mirror, run downstairs, grab my keys and walk out the door.

I play some music as I'm driving to Liam's apartment. When I'm in the parking lot I check my face in the mirror before walking into the building.

"Hey, there," Liam said, as he opened the door to his apartment.

"Hi," I said.

"Come on in," He said, mocking a southern accent.

"Why thank you," I said, playing along.

"Well, you look mighty-" He was interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

Sophia appeared from behind Liam. I fought the urge to roll my eyes or slap her. Or both.

"Hello, Annabella," She said, using my full name. Which is something I hate.

"Hi, Sophia," I said, flashing her a fake smile.

"Well, Liam, I'm going to go take a quick shower," She announced and disappeared into their bedroom.

Liam grimaced when he saw my face. I was glaring at him. "Why didn't you tell me she was going to be here?"

"Sorry?"

I took my handbag and whacked him with it repetitively.

***

Harry's POV

"So, are you from Maryland?" I asked. Jane and I were sitting at a booth in the arcade eating chicken fingers and fries.

"Well, originally I'm from Texas but I moved here with my parents," She said.

"How about you?" She popped a french fri in her mouth.

"I'm from England but I moved here with my mom," I said.

She nodded. "I could hear your accent slightly," She commented. "Do you go to school?"

"Nope, I dropped out of school. I live with my best friend," I explained.

"Do you like living with him? Is he messy?"

"Who?"

"Your best friend."

"Oh no, it's a girl," I said.

"Oh," She blushed. "Are you you two together?"

I sighed. "No, we aren't."

"Do you want to be?"

"No," I lied. "We're just friends, I don't have any feelings for her."

"I sound like a jealous girlfriend don't I," She joked. I nodded, smiling too.

"Just a bit," I said. "Wanna get out of here?"

"Yeah, sure," She said.

The whole ride home, I kept thinking about Bella and how I felt about her. I was still in love with her no doubt but I was starting to feel something for Jane too.

I couldn't let Jane know that I'm basically using her to get over Bella and I can't Bella know... well she can't know anything.

Lord help me.