Chapter 33

"Harry, we need to talk."

"I know. That's why I came to your apartment."

"Olivia is confused. She doesn't understand why you can't live with us," Jane sighed.

"Tell her that I can't," I said.

Jane rolled her eyes. "I told her that already. She won't take my answer. You need to tell her that. Since you left she's been crying in her room because she thinks you don't want her anymore. That hurt me, Harry. My daughter is hurting and I can't do anything about it. I feel completely helpless so please go into her room and talk to her."

I sighed. "I'll talk to her." I walk into my daughter's room. I can hear her whimpering and my chest tightens.

"Olivia." I don't see her when I walk in. "Where are you?"

"I'm not here," I hear her say.

"Are you in the closet?" I asked as I stood in front of the closet hearing her sniff.

"No."

"Can you tell me why you're crying?"

"You-You don't wanna live with me and mommy," She said.

"Daddy can't live here. But I love you so much and I'll never stop loving you or mommy. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Can you please come out now?"

I open the closet door and she rushes out and into my arms. I hug her tight as she cries a little more into my shoulder. Jane walks in too. She sits on the floor next to us and I pull her into my arms as well.

"I love you, Jane."

***

After settling things with Olivia and Jane I drive back to Bella's. I was out of line with her and I need to apologize to her.

"Bella?" I asked as I walked into her room.

"You're back?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm back because I need to say I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm happy for you, I truly am. I'm happy that you and Niall are together and I'm glad that you have found someone who can make you happy, Bella. I was jealous because Jane doesn't want me. At least not yet and I settled that and all is well. So, i'm sorry."

"Thank you, Harry."

I smile at her. Tears came to her eyes "So, this is it? We're both finally happy?"

"Yeah, I'm just surprised because I always thought we would end up together."

"That's what I thought too," She agreed.

"Well, we're not together and I'm okay with that."

"Me too." I sit down on her bed and lay down.

She lays her head on my shoulder. I remember a time when we would do this and I had longed for her to be mine. But not anymore.

"Don't worry," I sang.

"About a thing."

"Because every little thing is going to be alright."

I hear Bella sigh.

"I love you, Bella. I always have and part of me always will."

"I love you too, Harry."