Chapter 18

I stormed off to Bella's feeling angry. Jane had no right to do that! Except for the fact that she did have the right because it was her home. I couldn't stay with Bella forever and we both knew that.

She clearly complicated things on purpose because she's mad at me but moving out of her freakin' apartment, leaving me to fend for myself? That's a bit off-the-wall. I'd do anything for her, but this? This is crazy.

***

Awkward.

I arrived at Bella's house. We we're sitting on her couch, rather close if you ask me, and it was awkward. We've had awkward moments before but this was by far the most awkward moment ever.

She cleared her throat obnoxiously as she shifted on the couch. "So, um, you've yet to tell me what you're doing here, as we've been sitting here for about half an hour."

"I- Well, I need to ask you a favor, Bella," I started. "Um, well, uh, I need to stay with you for a while."

Her eyes widened slightly. "God! Um, Harry, that's very unexpected."

"I know, I'm sorry but J-"

"Don't say her name, please," she begged.

"Okay, well, she kicked me out," I said. "And now I need a place to stay and I don't want to move in with my mum again..." I trailed off.

"You can't stay here," She said hastily.

"Why the hell not? Don't be like that, Bella," I snapped becoming frustrated.

She looked around nervously. "Niall..."

My eyes popped out of my head! "Niall? Niall, is staying here? Are you kidding me?" I demanded.

She shook her head frantically. "No! God no! I'm gonna stay with him."

I laughed, genuinely. "That makes it so much better."

"Don't laugh, we are close friends and I don't have enough money to pay for this place anymore," She said smoothly.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"And what would you have done?" She snapped. "You don't even have a job let alone money."

"Hey! I just haven't gotten the time to look for a job."

"Besides," Bella starts, ignoring my comment, "I don't think she would want you to stay with me. Here or with Niall."

"Please Bella, I'm desperate- to the point where I will stay with you and Niall. And I did let you stay with me."

"You didn't have to."

"You were having a breakdown, I wasn't going to leave you alone."

She thought for a second. "You're right." She nodded, "But did she really kick you out?"

I shook my head. "Nah, she's moving in with her mum 'cause she wants to be with her during the pregnancy or whatever."

"Well, Niall is actually coming soon," Bella explained.

"Good, we can meet more professionally."

Bella gave me an amused look. "Professionally? What does that mean?"

"Well, when we met the first time Jane was being a bubble of joy," I said noticing how Bella flinched when I said her name.

"Yeah, that's true."

As if on cue we heard a knock on the door. Bella quickly let that person in closing the door behind them when they entered.

Niall came in with Bella holding her around the waist. I clenched my jaw.