Chapter 22

We all know and love Niall's american flag shirt.

***

A month later...

***

I stood in the doorway of Niall's room with my back face to him because he had asked me to help him pick out a shirt for his date with Bella. He was changing and insisted I turn around otherwise it'd just be awkward.

Which this whole situation was already awkward but Niall is... special. I heard some shuffling and grunting before Niall finally told me to look. When I did look I almost bursted out laughing. He was wearing a red sweater and light blue jeans. He looked ridiculous.

The funny thing is not all his outfits looked dumb. Just this one. "Niall, what are you wearing?"

"A nice respectable outfit," He replied completely serious.

I rolled my eyes making a motion for him to take it off. I looked at the rest of the clothes laid around the floor. I picked up the black skinny jeans, which he tried on with a black button up, and an American flag sleeveless.

"Niall, wear this," I said. "Bella will like it, okay? Can I leave now?"

He looked at me for a moment then at the outfit and nodded. "Yes, go away so I can get dressed." He pushed me out of the room, closed the door and started getting dressed.

I shook my head as I walked into the living area. I sat down on the couch.

Niall and I had become somewhat friends over the past month. He wasn't bad at all, a really funny guy if I'm honest. I can see why Bella would like him.

Bella got a job and started working, said she wanted to help me out. I refused of course but then she brought up my soft spot about money. The fact that I have a pregnant girlfriend and can't support her because I can't get a job.

It's not even that I can't get a job. It's that I'm too lazy to find a job. I don't exactly have the best résumé. I could ask Louis to hook me up with a job he knows a lot of people but I really do not want to go to Louis because he's not always... reliable.

Supporting Jane wasn't an option, I knew that. It just dawned on me that her parents were loaded so why should I get a job? Why does she want to have a job so bad? I actually forgot to ask her that back at her parents house.

I needed to get a job and I needed to get one fast, regardless of Jane's parents circumstances.

I got up off the couch and grabbed my jacket and keys. I yelled out to Niall, "Aye, Horan, I'm leaving."

"Um, can you bring back some milk and cookies?" He called back.

"No, I'll see you later have fun on your date with Bella," I said and left the apartment.

I drove to Wendy's, McDonalds, Burger King, Giant, Target, Walmart. I went everywhere and nobody was hiring until finally I saw a sign that was up on an office building. It said PA and Receptionist wanted.

I jumped at the opportunity. I drove to the office, I walked in determined to find a job so I could support Jane and the baby. There was no one at the front desk so I'm guessing that was why they needed a receptionist.

I took an elevator that went up and it was a nice looking place. I was looking around all over the place before someone called out to me.

"Sir, is there something I could help you with?" A lady asked. She was tan with light brown hair. She was wearing all black from what I could see and she was sitting at a desk.

I paused for a moment, forgetting what I was doing here. Right, a job. "Um, I saw the sign for receptionist or PA?"

"Ah, yes, did you make an appointment?" She asked.