Chapter 10

When I woke up, I smelt coffee and cookies. I sat up on the couch and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

I looked up and saw Jane standing in front of me. I jumped back in surprise. "Jane, you scared me," I said.

She shrugged. "I made coffee and cookies. I'm gonna go in the shower."

I stood up off the couch as she walked towards the bathroom. "Jane, can we talk, please?"

She turned around to face me. "Fine, lets talk. What the hell happened last night?" She asked.

"I'm sorry. I know I hurt you and I'm sorry."

"That doesn't answer my question. where did you go last night?"

"Jane, I-"

"You wanna talk? Lets talk."

"I went to Bella's."

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I needed to talk to her."

"About what?"

"About things..."

Jane rolled her eyes at me. "Well, when you want to talk I'll be here." She walked into the bathroom.

"Jane, I want to tell you but I can't," I said, honestly.

I heard her sniff. "I know how you feel about her, Harry," She said. My heart shriveled up and died. How did she find out?

"Y-you do?" I stuttered gulping nervously.

"Yes. Unless you're blind it's very easy to see."

"Jane, I don't want to be with her. I want to be with you."

The water turned on.

***

Bella's POV

The words that Harry said to me kept me up all night. The whole bags under my eyes and smelly breath fit me perfectly. I was a mess and I hated myself.

I felt broken. My heart felt like there was a hole in it. The funny thing is, I don't get to feel this way. All these years Harry had to see me date guy after guy. I now know how he must've felt.

Wow. That didn't make me feel any better.

I get out of bed to brush my teeth and try to make myself look like a human being and not a zombie.

When I finish I make myself some breakfast. Well, I just pour myself some cereal. I hear a knock on my door.

I quickly run to the door and open it. I see a torn looking Harry standing at my door. His hair is in a blue beanie and he's wearing his brown jacket with a gray sweater underneath.

Unshed tears in his eyes. "Bella," He choked out. Just when I thought my heart couldn't break anymore...

"Harry, what happened?" He came inside. I closed the door behind him.

We both sat on the couch. Harry put his head in his hands. "Jane hates me."

I almost rolled my eyes. "I'm pretty sure she doesn't hate you."

"I stormed out of her apartment last night to come here. She wondered where I was. When I told her she was upset. She says she knows how I feel about you. I told her I didn't want to be with you, that I wanted to be with her and she ignored me," He rushed out in panic.

"Calm down, Harry. Everything is going to be alright." I tried to ignore him saying he doesn't want to be with me.

"I mean, she doesn't even know we kissed," He said.