Chapter 3: into civilization *

~ • ~

I WOKE UP AT FIVE IN THE morning. The bed was huge, so I dumped my belongings out, Kenai comes hurling out along with dozens of pocketted wallets; my small zippo and pocket knife collection. My cigarettes were in my bra. I groan as I pawed them out. Upon realising they were basically smashed, I gritted my teeth.

Kenai gave a shocked wide-eyed look; his paws sprawled out as though he were balancing himself on a skating rink, when in reality it was just the bed. There was that empty backage of beef jerky Aizawa had given to me, a granola bar, and a cut of grass just incase the human food gave me a stomach ache.

"I was in wonderland! What the hell is wrong with you?!" The furball gripes. "S-Sorry! I was making sure I had everything, why were you still in there anyway? You could've slept in the bed with me."

"Yeah right, and get human germs all over my "Rodent" body. I'd rather choke on an applecore." He groans, grabbing my satchel, and leaping into the floor. With a yawn he tries aqueezing back into the bag, but I grab his tail pulling him right back into my arms.

"Oh no you don't. I need your help stashing my shit away so I can use this bag. It's dark out, we have just enough time to sneak around, there's gotta be somewhere around here I can hide it."

He hesitates, playing with his whiskers pondering up a response. "Next time, start with that." I roll my eyes, sighing.

I tore out my hair-band, causing it to snap. These damned dagger-claws are probably going to be the death of me one day. I changed the position of the straps on my satchel. It looked like a normal backpack, so all I really needed to do was throw on that black hoodie. Since it was almost six, I could easily pass off as a student on their way to school.

I tied the sheet around a bookshelf, and tied it to the curtains using It as a groveling hook, but before I managed to open the window; there was a knock at the door.

Startled; I jumped, and with my anxiety, that's all it really took. With that my clothes just pretty much fell apart--my satchel literally pops off it's straps, and I fall flat on my back letting out a shrill whine.

"Get the hell off me fleabag!" Kenai angrily swipes at me with his claws. I squeaked, jumping back. This time my head collided with the ceiling fan. The dull bedroom colors now blurred together, and the floor rocked beneath my feet. My eyes spiral, like a slot-machine.

My massive wolf-body dropped to the ground, causing the entire floor to tremor. The once beautiful bedroom was now in shambles, and a goose egg swells right at the corner of my head.

The door creaks open, and Sensei peers in. He'd pulled his hair back, and he wasn't wearing his many scarves at the moment. He gave a bored sigh, at my embarrassing appearance.

"Just be ready by six (L/n). We'll worry about this mess later." I merely whine, which melts into a pathetic yawn, I would've responded had I not panicked and wolfed out.

'Way to go (l/n) now you've really outdone yourself.'

~

I WAS LUCKY HE DIDN'T NOTICE THE WALLETS RIGHT AWAY. I knew damn well that later on I'd regret this entire morning though. I just couldn't quite let myself worry about that just yet. I wasn't awake enough to really deal with anything.