chapter 50: Long Time No See

~ • ~

THE AROMA OF PINE-NEEDLES,
And dampened wood has my nostrils flaring. The sound of my feet padding against the dirt along with the natural earthly night-sounds make like background music for my steadily pacing thoughts.

I haulted just a few feet away from the hole I'd previously made before.
Just a few feet away, lies something strange. It was oddly familiar, and in a way it sort of shook me.

'A portal huh?? Did...did I make this??'

I lower my snout, sniffing at it. I tilt my head anxiously; my ears flopping to the side. I paw at it wearily.

It felt just like water- accept- it wasn't.
It was strange. It was like a thick, piercing black mud puddle, shimmering against the moonlight.

I dip my head in. My stomach turns, when I see my own body- like a light at the end of a tunnel.

When I pull my head back, I shake my furr- falling back on my hinde-legs with a huff.

'Soooooo.....without thinking, I clawed open some kind of portal-??'

'This makes zero sense. How come this didn't happen when I burried sensei's house shoes the other day-??'

'Man....this would've been really helpful.'

I glance around, to make sure no ones watching me. There was a brief second an oddly familiar musky scent drafted against my nostrils, but as I scanned the area- I couldn't find anything.

Assuming I was just being paranoid, I throw my bag over my neck, and slip through the portal, before springing out into the tunnel I'd dug, earlier today. As I rushed to my paws, I rammed my head against the roof of the tunnel, dirt snakes it's way up my nostrils.

I sneeze, shaking my furr yet again. As I yawn, I light up the way with the powerful light of my horns, and carry on digging.

'If it happened before, why isn't it happening now???'

'I've only just started digging and my paws are already sore.'

'At this rate I'm never gonna get this done in time.'

'I wonder if anyone else has problems like this.'

'I...Seriously.......doubt it...'

As I dug, I ventured off into the abyss that is my brain. The more I let myself think, the stranger things had gotten.
I started thinking about Katsuki, and how proud I was of him for winning the sports fair. And suddenly, another portal opened right before me.

It was so weird. It felt like I'd just took a swan-dive off the roof, and slipped through some sort of crevice in the earth- the galaxy was coming at me at full force.

Before I knew It, I fell headfirst into a marble like platform.

It was so bright. It took me a moment to recollect myself, shifting my weight back onto my paws, a booming voice hits me like a moving truck.

"(L/N)?! THE FUCK ARE YOU-?! JUST GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!" I move my gaze to the right. There stood katsuki.

'Wait, why is he in his costume??'